My ex is going to use my mental health against me.

I cant even bring myself to write this, I feel sick with anxiety and stresss, but basically my issue that i have previously mentioned, my girlfriend, on nd off has made it cosntantly difficult to see my child because of our relationship she has always said about breastfeeding being the reason, now she has turned round after everything because of arguments and said she doesnt want me or my family in the childs life anymore, even after we bought her house warming presents, etc now at this point, she said take me to court, u wont win, ur mental health will mean u wont win, guys i am in a very bad way, i cant take the stress i think im going to have a mental breakdown. she will only let me come visit the baby and will not let me have her overnight it all has to be at her mothers house on her terms. and now shes saying shes never going to.

Edited by humbleno1

I'm so sorry, what a nasty curveball to be thrown. I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt very much your g/f can exclude you or your family from having contact with your baby. It seems to me she's calling your bluff hoping you'll cave in and give up without a fight.

Do you have any mutual impartial friends who could maybe act as a go-between and help you both work through this before it gets anywhere near having to go to court? In the meantime I really think you should get in touch with Citizens Advice, and find out exactly where you do stand legally, just in case.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/finding-free-or-affordable-legal-help/

You're going through so much as it is, this really isn't what you need on top of it all, but try to take it a day at a time.

Maybe your g/f said what she did in the heat of the moment and in a day or two she'll feel differently. 

Hi all. 

I agree with Steve. Legal advice may be costly but at the end of the day it will be worth getting the right help here. It will help you to know where you stand. This is good for our type of thinking.

So sorry you are being put through this.

xxxxx

I’d suggest speaking with citizens advice and a family lawyer.  Not sure if legal aid is offered in this area anymore but phone contact should get the ball rolling.  Hopefully there will be something set in stone legally to allow you contact/access with your child.  On another note, I feel bad for the child being used as an object by the mother to manipulate and I hope she can see the bigger picture.  A child, is a human in their own right, not owned by you or her as some property. Good luck