Compulsions no longer working

Guest Phil10

Has anybody who has done compulsions found they are no longer working like if I replaced an item still believing it’s dirty or cleaning something and still believing its dirty.

The result is more anxiety when they fail anybody any tips? It might be good when a compulsion doesn’t work as it should mean I can stop but I don’t and I get anxiety that it fails?

I agree gbg.

Anxiety gets bored and goes without you having to do anything. Trust yourself. Exspose yourself to it. And sit it out phil10.

Beleive me, I’ve done this and it works. 

Be strong

xxx

On 14/12/2018 at 22:07, Phil10 said:

Has anybody who has done compulsions found they are no longer working like if I replaced an item still believing it’s dirty or cleaning something and still believing its dirty.

The result is more anxiety when they fail anybody any tips? It might be good when a compulsion doesn’t work as it should mean I can stop but I don’t and I get anxiety that it fails?

Sadly it doesn’t work that way Phil, compulsions only get worst and never better and quite often when one doesn’t work it gets replaced with another, sadly making the OCD worse. The only way forward is by stopping your compulsions, this needs to be done gradually by working through your least anxiety provoking compulsion first and then when your feeling comfortable with this one you then start on your next one working through your heirachy step by step.