Start of a new chapter

So tomorrow I'm finally going to the doctors about my mental health! This is a huge step I never thought i'd be able to reach. 2018 has been an awful year, my mental health has deteriorated and I've suffered for so long. My birthday (23rd november) was terrible. I've never had such a bad birthday because of my mental health but around a week later I started experiencing the best period i've been through. I've not felt so good in a long time, I'm not 100% why i'm going through a good period but all good things must come to an end. Even though i'm feeling good, it won't last and i'll be back at square one again.

In all honesty i'm terrified of going. I'm scared i'll be rejected but I can't go in with that mentality. Any pointers on how much depth i need to go into? I know i seem to ask this question quite often but I need some more last minute reassurance! 

Hi Freya, 

Totally can relate to your post, not in a good place here myself, and haven't quite found the path to resolution, not giving up tho, we will all get there. 

when you go to doctors, just make sure you put your foot down if you think it needs to happen and you just don't want to accept pills for a answer. They have recently sent me away and told me to take my sertraline for 3 more months and come back if nothing sorts out. I already have made them aware of how I feel, but if you don't be hard to them, they don't don't seem to take you serious. Make sure your nice and polite, but tell them how it is, and how you feel. anymore support or questions please pop by in a private message and we can speak further.

let me know how doctors goes 

Ben x 

22 hours ago, daja said:

I think you only get ten minutes with a GP. Just tell them what OCD types you have in a nutshell and expand if they ask any questions.

You can do it! Best of luck.

21 hours ago, Ben Dark said:

Hi Freya, 

Totally can relate to your post, not in a good place here myself, and haven't quite found the path to resolution, not giving up tho, we will all get there. 

when you go to doctors, just make sure you put your foot down if you think it needs to happen and you just don't want to accept pills for a answer. They have recently sent me away and told me to take my sertraline for 3 more months and come back if nothing sorts out. I already have made them aware of how I feel, but if you don't be hard to them, they don't don't seem to take you serious. Make sure your nice and polite, but tell them how it is, and how you feel. anymore support or questions please pop by in a private message and we can speak further.

let me know how doctors goes 

Ben x 

Hi all,

The appointment was very successful all in all! My doctor was so lovely and very understanding, she prescribed me a low dose of sertraline and wants to see me before i finish this first course to begin with. She's given me a number to call to refer myself to the 'Minds Matter' therapy in my county. I cried throughout the whole thing but I've finally taken the first step to recovery!