How's that working for you, Lost? 

You've backed yourself into a corner. Now you can't move. You can complain about not moving or you can walk away from the corner. It's your choice. Over-simplification but that's what your situation amounts to.

Aha, very good. Well done.

When you were a baby, you didn't know how to walk. You couldn't even stand. But you tried. You tried over and over until you could stand. Wobbly at that. You fell down lots. But you kept trying. Once you could stand, you took a few tentative steps. And you fell. You got back up and tried again. Eventually  you walked. Then you ran. So to with OCD.

As for risk, there's always risk in everything we do. OCD blows the real risk all out of proportion. The risk it portrays is a lie. Always. Now compare that pseudo risk with the real risk your health and wellbeing is in everyday being backed into that corner.

Thanks, both. I do want to learn to walk again.

To use another analogy, it feels as if I'm stuck on a cliff at the edge of a precipice. The ledge I'm on is crumbling. I can choose to stay on the ledge which is becoming less and less safe, or jump across a chasm to ground which may or may not be safer. And to jump means to risk falling...

9 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thanks, both. I do want to learn to walk again.

To use another analogy, it feels as if I'm stuck on a cliff at the edge of a precipice. The ledge I'm on is crumbling. I can choose to stay on the ledge which is becoming less and less safe, or jump across a chasm to ground which may or may not be safer. And to jump means to risk falling...

And what if I told you that the chasm is a mirage, that I used to think it was real but one day I stepped out and realized it was solid underneath.

16 hours ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thanks, CJay. It's just difficult to know what to do when it's not just me in the situation.

I'm currently panicking because I have a mouth full of rotting teeth and I think one of them is abscessed. I feel ill and eating is too painful.

Me too lost its horrible isn't it I think how would I get a woman like this.so I know the score

16 hours ago, PolarBear said:

And what if I told you that the chasm is a mirage, that I used to think it was real but one day I stepped out and realized it was solid underneath.

I would struggle to believe that the same is true for me. (I'm not trying to be difficult, honest! I do want to believe it.)

48 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your teeth too. Are you managing to eat?

I can eat but I got the smell coming from my mouth.ive had a few removed already when I could go dentist.sorry your in pain it needs sorting out somehow.

I'm in a dark place too worrying so much about everything.im following this post though.hopefully it's because it's that part of the year with all the stress.

I also have difficulty speaking on the phone when I'm like this just like you.I can't explain myself properly or I'm all nerves.

14 minutes ago, Charlie ocd said:

I can eat but I got the smell coming from my mouth.ive had a few removed already when I could go dentist.sorry your in pain it needs sorting out somehow.

I'm in a dark place too worrying so much about everything.im following this post though.hopefully it's because it's that part of the year with all the stress.

I also have difficulty speaking on the phone when I'm like this just like you.I can't explain myself properly or I'm all nerves.

Thanks, Charlie. Awful isn't it. I'm dreading it when/if I do eventually make it to a dentist. I know I'm going to need lots out and I'm terrified! The pain isn't quite as bad today and I've managed to eat a bit more.

I hope you're able to get your teeth sorted when things are a bit better. The stress of this time of year, and the dark days, definitely don't help us. I hope some of the advice I get on this thread helps you too.

43 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thanks, Charlie. Awful isn't it. I'm dreading it when/if I do eventually make it to a dentist. I know I'm going to need lots out and I'm terrified! The pain isn't quite as bad today and I've managed to eat a bit more.

I hope you're able to get your teeth sorted when things are a bit better. The stress of this time of year, and the dark days, definitely don't help us. I hope some of the advice I get on this thread helps you too.

Thanks lost

Yeah me too I'm dreading next time I go dentist it is awful and worrying.it sounds worse for you with the pain.

Things might just brighten up 4 us after xmas and yeah I also follow your post to see if it helps too.