Getting pulled back in by OCD support needed please

I having a tough few weeks OCD I do my technique of not getting into the thoughts nipping them and refocusing and this works for me then I let the doubt in and bang I am back to extreme anxiety my therapist says there's a pattern of 4 good weeks and 2 OCD I see her every six weeks because it's Christmas I am not seeing her until end of January as money tight. Last time I seen her she said in the new year we will look into the thoughts more to try and break the cycle of the two bad weeks this has put my anxiety up as my tecnique is my one solid thing that works well.I do my tecnique get 4 wks then bang I start to over analysis my technique because she said we will look at the thoughts so I start to doubt my technique and because I am so stressed I cannot get it under control please help me see the wood for the trees I know my technique is my one solid but I am so stressed and doubt so strong because I am thinking about her changing it though she did not say that she just said we would tackle the 2 weeks should I continue with what works for me and ignore doubt why can't I go it alone 

Hi angels :)

What you are doing - not focusing on the thoughts, not engaging in them, then refocusing is absolutely fine. It's very unlikely the therapist is going to change this.

But unfortunately this is only a technique for ignoring OCD and is unlikely to combat the problem. While using this technique, hopefully with the help of your therapist, you will develop other methods to truly tackle your problem. This should involve creating a formulation of your problem, which is like a flow diagram showing you what you worry about and what compulsions you do that keeps it going. Then you will work out behavioural experiments also known as ERP that bring about your anxiety on purpose. This sounds scary but done with structure and support actually quickly becomes easier than what you are currently doing. With both of these things you really should get somewhere, I know it's easy to say but really don't worry about it, your therapist is there to help and work with you :)

Gemma

Thank you for your reply I have been in therapy a long time an I use different techniques not reacting breathing and refocus all my compulsion are in my head oversnalysing reassurance seeking reacting I go hard on the technique and feel amazing then I let the doubt creep in and it knocks me right back it's like the technique needs to be done every day of my life and twice as hard on bad days. Stress weakens us all and I've just changed job and Christmas. I try not to come onto the site to often only when I am bad and need support I truly appreciate those who are on the site. Think I am panicking Caz I am not seeing therapist until end of January jus need to stop panicking think I see a therapist as reassurance to keep me on track it's tough going. Il stick to what works for me until I see her again I just pray to God I don't the doubt wreck my technique thank you gemma