Going off meds..

I purposely decided to stop my meds a couple of months ago against doctors wishes.  I'm no longer feeling depressed and that I have enough control over my OCD now not to need them.  

Am I wrong in doing this or has it worked out for other people too?  

Provided that you have told your doctor and that the withdrawal was done under their guidance, then I guess it's not a problem.

Presumably he/she will have calculated things like how long you have been well for, & what dosage you have been on, and for how long, and also the half life and so on. Actually, out of interest, are you able to say what you've been on?

What were you on and how long for? It's not recommended to stop cold turkey, that can cause protracted withdrawal effects down the line. Doctors don't have a clue about withdrawing safely so I wouldn't count on that. If you do start to feel withdrawal effects, please see survivingantidepressants.org for tapering guidance. You cannot go back to the starting dose as your nervous system will have been sensitized from the drop. You might get away with it if your CNS is fairly robust and you weren't on them too long, but if not please seek advice before starting again.