Drowsiness, the most severe side effect of meds

Hello all, I am not so sure if I have the right to refer to a specific drug here, what I want to mention is that despite the huge help of meds (e.g. the anti-panic attack effect is huge) the drowsiness is a severe side effect. The most common way of dealing with it is the huge amounts of caffeine intake, which it has side effects as well... Do you have any comments on this? Do you experience something familiar? 

Hi diomedes,

I hope you won't mind me moving your post over to the main Support Forum, more people will see it here, and hopefully give you their advice and opinions:)

You can mention the name of the drug if you'd like to, have you been taking it for quite some time?

Thank you Hal! 

I am taking the Anafranil 75mg (two per day) and Lyrica 75mg (two per day). Anafranil is the best antidepressant pill for OCD and it has changed my life for the better putting me again back to the game. But the side effected drowsiness is still here, a common one with Lyrica. 

I couldn't tolerate prozac (fluoxetine) - turned me into a zombie - but my sister does really well on it. 

Doesn't that just show how individually subjective meds are? 

The small 20mg dose of Citalopram I did manage to get to tolerate works well on balancing my mood which used to swing a lot - but I cannot take the pill late in the day or it keeps me awake! It seems in my case to have a stimulating effect.