Hello everyone. Hope you have all had a good, relaxing Christmas.

I have a question I wondered if anyone could assist with, hopefully it makes sense but apologies in advance if it doesn't.

Is there such a thing as delayed guilt/responsibility? It's only because I've noticed I tend to think about things I've done in the past, or been involved in, which haven't bothered me at the time or for a while after but months or years later I will start thinking about it and panicking.

I have become a little more accepting of the fact that I may have OCD, but this then leads to more confusion for me as I then don't really understand how to differentiate when my concerns are OCD based. A lot of the time I wonder if things are 'okay' at the time because they have been in some way justified but when that justification no longer sticks, that's where the problems start. 

Thanks all.

There is Real Life or Guilt OCD, where the obsessions are of past, real events. The distress felt is guilt and anxiety. The typical compulsions include ruminating and confessing. 

The obsessions get blown out of proportion. The sufferer begins to believe they have done something terrible. Those they tell think it's all minor.