can you succeed with a mental illness

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that you could experience life in a different and better way than you are now. You really need to cut out the existential rumination and get help for your depression. You can definitely achieve this. Repeated attempts would count as success.

As for professional success, I guess everyone is different. I'm not having much luck in that area currently. I think it is possible to get there but with a lot more false starts and blips along the way than people without a hidden disability. 

Edited by Orwell1984
15 minutes ago, bobfish said:

You haven't answered my question...

I know the feeling. 

I think at this point it is really important for Bruce to be proactive. Yes, it is the hardest thing but I think we will go round in circles otherwise. Bruce is typing out his thoughts on here so all he is doing is vocalising his ruminations. Avoidance won't help him though. Action action action is key.  

Procrastinate on the subject isn't going to help. Make the leap. See th GP and get his opinion. If you need to go private, you can do that later. You can't do either if you don't start somewhere.