Wet the bed last night.

39 minutes ago, Gemma7 said:

Never mind daja. Have you managed to dry it off at least? Do you not have new to put on? 

I only woke up at around 4pm it’s dried a bit. I don’t have a new one to put on. The sheet I got on Amazon was said to be waterproof but it isn’t. I have a new duvet in the spare room but I won’t use it yet until I can sort the whole lot out.

It's good to always have a clean sheet available to guard against such contingencies. 

One for life's learning curve. 

I have a spillage on the bottom sheet from a germoloid suppository. It's dried out, I know it's harmless, and will change the sheet within the next couple of days. 

It seems you have a harm or revulsion contamination OCD issue with this daja, which is why it is pressing the alert button. 

Dana, brother, I am sorry to hear about your accident. But the truth is that it isn’t a big deal. It’s an accident. It has happened to us all in the past and we are all still here. 

At the end of the day, urine is not threatening. Trust me, with the amount of times my brother misses peeing in the toilet, I’d be dead on my back by now if it was toxic and he pees like a horse. If you have that situation happen to you every now and then, it’s always handy like Taurean says to have a back up. Other than that, all you need to do is throw the sheets in the wash and hey presto, you are back in the game. Nothing a bit of Bold detergent can’t get smelling beautiful again anyway!

Like I said, it’s no harm and no foul. If you are worried about your mattress smelling, you could always give it a light scrub with some detol spray to get that nice clean smell. Then just let the air dry it. Most of it will evaporate anyway though. Remember this is just for comfort and not for sanitation purposes. 

Happy new year, man! Kick OCD’s butt in 2019!

It’s day 1 of 365. Plenty more days to shine on my friend! My cat has a smelly butt and she won’t let me clean it! Imagine having that sit on your slippers! But screw it! The way I try to see it is if it kills me, I’ll just put “I told you so” on my gravestone. The reality though is that anything there now is dry and just smelly but harmless all the same. Not that I’d willingly smear it on my stuff. Same principle for your pee. Ok, it’s not the sort of thing I’d recommend taking up as a hobby but it’s all from you and it’s harmless. The worst outcome is that it is wet and a bit smelly till you clean it. And if you do dampen it to freshen it, you can dry it quicker with a hair dryer. Overall though, urine is a nothing. It’s 95% water plus minerals and things like nitrogen. While I wouldn’t recommend consuming it like some crazy people do, it’s nothing to worry about. 

And this is the reality with our OCD exaggerated threats and excess responsibility issues. 

They aren't the threat or fear OCD makes them out to be. 

The things we come across that knock us flat just don't register on the Richter scale for non-sufferers - and not (as OCD will say) because they are all careless and reckless. 

There is so much good to learn from this thread and I hope everyone does so. The initial trigger was unpleasant but  as the members have shown, nowhere near the issue OCD said it was. 

So actually, Daja, a good - learning - start to the year ? ?