Really struggling

Struggling atm. I’m going through the worst feeling ever and it’s all my fault. I went to a party on New Years Eve and got too drunk. Blacked out. The usual.

I got home ok, no signs of any wrong doing but I’ve got it into my head that I touched one of the kids who were at the party. 

No one has said anything to me. But I’ve convinced myself I’ve done it. 

How do I get over this?

If we listen to it OCD will convince us we have done all kinds of unpleasant or themed things. 

If we listen to it - and it's up to us whether we do that, or not. 

Listen to the OCD and a very restricted unhappy way of life will follow. 

Buy into the methodology of CBT though, and we can shift this perspective and make a huge change in our life and that of others. 

It may be worth considering cutting back on the drinking to such a heavy degree. Alcohol is not going to help your mind set its a depressant. Drinking until you black out is not a healthy thing with or without OCD.

Are you able to drink in moderation? I am not anti- drinking per se but I think if we are feeling vulnerable it adds to the problem. I do drink but try to moderate it. I find if I drink too much or too often my anxiety increases and my mood dips.  I am not saying this will solve your issues, you need CBT but I think it can help with our overall mood.

I have to say I agree with avo I think drinking like this does enormous damage to your mental health. I know because I used to regularly drink like this as a student. I hit rock bottom and gave up for a long time and that had a profoundly positive effect on my mental health and my life in general. In fact my whole life changed for the better as a result of doing that. I don't want to be preachy or anything only you can decide what's best. But I think adding an addictive depressant to mental illness, especially in large quantities, can be a recipe for disaster.