Feeling pretty down

The last few months have been reeeaaalllly tough with this relapse. I am absolutely making noteworthy progress with kicking the compulsions to the curb and realising when I do it. I’m managing more or less well, I still have some really tough days but I can at least see it for what it is sometimes and those moments are golden. Im sure I’ll be out of this rut soon if I keep it up.

But, as I’m sure everyone here knows, trying to get better is exhausting and I am reaaaalllly tired right now. Work is tiring, living life is tiring and living life with OCD is extra crazy tiring. Today I feel extremely deflated and on a downer. I’ve dealt with my OCD/anxiety side quite well, but there’s also a pessimistic, depressed side to the disorder that I find hard to cope with, and it can feed the anxiety if I give in to it. It’s pretty standard ‘I have OCD and it feels like it will never go away, I hate this’ thoughts and feelings, obviously doing no good and it’s suit me better to just let it go. But I’m so tired from all the thinking and catching myself out, saying to myself ‘you’re ruminating, stop it’ that it’s quite hard to fight today. Nothing too bad, but I thought I’d post just to get my feelings out there. Hope the rest of you are fairing better than me ?

Hey Ollie. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I’m not fairing to better myself so I can completely relate. It’s hard going and my mood doesn’t help matters though my ruminations I think are hurting me the most. 

Have you got any ways to distract yourself?