Sorry to post again but don't know where else to go. My head is so confused, all I do is sit and ask myself questions - if I felt that then why, what does X mean, if X means this does that mean Y, etc. I've also noticed my worries are bouncing between two or three different things and it's every few days. One day it will be one thing, then the next day it will be something that didn't bother me the day before and the worry from the day before won't bother me, rinse and repeat. I can't keep up with it. Feel stuck.

Edited by Headwreck

Are all of these questions in my head a form of compulsion? I wish I could turn the clock back so I didn't do any of the things I've done or be involved in situations I am now so doubtful over or now cause me concern. I'm a terrible person and I've got to live knowing this for the rest of my life.

I guess I've just annoyed people too much here or alternatively people think I don't have OCD at all so don't bother answering my posts. Not sure what else I can do as tried to deal with it on my own to no avail.

So, some of the questions could be intrusive thoughts, but I suspect many of them are the result of ruminating.

What gets you into trouble is when you try to answer the questions. You'll never come up with satisfactory answers so you just keep going round in circles.

You are not obligated to deal with the questions. You are absolutely allowed to leave them alone. 

Hi Headwreck, Polar Bear is so right in what he’s saying. 

I’ve backtracked a bit at the moment, and I’m ruminating and as he says above, it’s getting me nowhere, my anxiety is like a yo yo.  I’ve remembered what my therapist said to me about using calming techniques and breathing exercises, so I’m going for it today and practicing them again. I’m also going to really try and and ‘take that leap of faith’ that it is all just the OCD!  I know it’s not for everyone, but could you try something like this too? Are you seeing a new therapist yet? They would teach you methods for when the anxiety is high or if you feel it creeping in. 

Stay as positive as poss! x

Edited by Dragonfly