Car idling driving tonight 1h.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Guest OCDhavenobrain

According to someone in the house were a car parked outside my window tonight. 1 hour. That is a pretty long time and you have to imagine the amounts of chemicals in the air. So stupid, who even do that? 

Woke up with headache this morning and I guess this could be the cause. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Another problem I have is that I am getting more and more touchy aobut food other have made. Because of the incident white the trashcan outside, there was white spots on the top and I thought about what if someone had done something really creepy. That is gone but there will be small traces left in food and such. 
I am going to eat the food today and I hope it doesn't give me too much anxiety

Your problems are all "what if what if?... 

You have to stand up to these. As PolarBear put it in his excellent video on ruminating, if you give belief to OCD intrusions they strengthen, and more will arrive. 

To stop that happening we have to apply the brake. Not believe the what ifs, sit out anxiety in structured sessions of ERP, stop heading into carrying out compulsions by refocusing away. 

We can make that our default behaviour. And all these intrusions thrown up by the underlying OCD core beliefs will tail off.

Then we can give the lie to those core beliefs and they will dwindle away. 

This takes time and effort. But it's better time and effort spent than going around in circles, accepting more restrictions and more disorder. 

• 11 months later...
Guest OCDhavenobrain

Never ever had my airconditioner indicated the worstnpossible air this long. Woke up with a stupid neighbour having the car on... Come on get it clean ffs.

Got a little anxietyattack

• 2 months later...
Guest OCDhavenobrain

Here is not a general whinethread so I whine here! I got so frikking irritated today because I was training and my STUPID aircleaner is indicating on max because I use alcoholrub... And I sit there and think go down go down gooooooooo doooooooown. Then my computer crashed as usual, I am training on Zwift. AND THEN IT GOES DOWN. I know that it is alcohol and I am not even anxious, it is more a perfectionproblem, like I think "it need to be perfect air".

I just poured out the whole bottle, which wasn't so good because I need it in these times. Stupid stupid stupid!!!

I dont know, most people get anxious and feel bad about themselves I mostly get irritated at things/people. Some people are too sensitive to behave such way but I really dont care, I am not not naturally a smooth kind of guy.

Just so much stress lately. Corona and other stupid things! Now it feels a little better. Hope you all are doing good.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain