GP refered me to CMHT now im worried they will put me in hospital

I spoke to a GP on the phone wanting a home visit because i really didnt feel good and telling them i want to come off my antidepressant.Now they have refered me to the CMHT without me asking them to im worried there going to put me back in hospital.I still havent got over last time i was in hospital.

I told a duty cpn i dont feel safe i havent been out since before xmas and my OCD is worse.

It's probably just a standard referral when a patient is struggling with their mental health. If you don't want to go to hospital I'm sure they'll take that into account and try their best to help you at home. Are you having or have you had CBT? 

Well you can talk to them about what options you have, maybe a therapist could come to you or you could have CBT over Skype. You never know the team might have support they could offer you. Have you looked into self-help materials? 

3 hours ago, Gemma7 said:

Well you can talk to them about what options you have, maybe a therapist could come to you or you could have CBT over Skype. You never know the team might have support they could offer you. Have you looked into self-help materials? 

I know a therapist can come out to me from maudsley its called pickup.I have a few OCD books recommended by ocduk I haven't really got into them yet.

I need my meds sorted my venlafaxine is now making me sweat heavily each night and im deeply depressed.And my risperidone is giving me pressure in my head.

I spoke to the duty cpn its 2-3 months with them all this again.I told him I won't b able to make it and does that mean I get put in a hospital.He said no but I guess I don't really know until my cpn gets back.

As I said in another recent thread of yours,  you should see the therapist at your home from the Maudsley.

I have found that when I am really really stressed  I cannot concentrate. It can be really difficult to concentrate on self help books.

I remember that in one stage in my life I could not really concentrate. Not even on newspapers like the Sun. Despite being a professional man with a number of degrees. I slowly had to build my concentration.

I say this because you need the human contact of a therapist.

Edited by Angst
On 11/01/2019 at 11:27, Gemma7 said:

It's probably just a standard referral when a patient is struggling with their mental health. If you don't want to go to hospital I'm sure they'll take that into account and try their best to help you at home. Are you having or have you had CBT? 

What can i do if the cmht expect me to go to them otherwise i go in hospital i dont know yet what there going to do ive only spoke to the duty cpn so far.

Hi Charlie,

It is unlikely that you will be sectioned against your will, unless they decide that your health is posing a risk to you or someone else. It's much more likely that they will try to provide you with some help at home- which might be weekly CPN visits for several weeks until you feel well enough to start therapy at home.

Edited by BelAnna
On 11/01/2019 at 12:22, Gemma7 said:

Because I can't make it to the cmht can they put me in hospital.i was able to make it before because it was closer to me.but now there further away and it's in the hospital I was in.and I'm not as well as I was when I could make it to where they used to be.

My cpn is back tomorrow

The honest answer is I don't know what they will do, you are going to have to wait and see. But being housebound is not a reason to be put in hospital. If I was you I'd start focusing on getting yourself out of this OCD hole by looking into self-help options. Then if you start to make progress you will be less fearful of the help you are being offered :)

Just can't go in there again it was really bad while I was in there.like angst said about concentration mines the same.but I will try I have a few books but I always have the headphones on.unless I put earplugs in.

Thanks

Edited by Charlie ocd