I'd like to talk about stigmatisation, ocd and intrusive thoughts.

Does anybody else find it very difficult to talk about specifically the ocd spikes, to a doctor or health professional? Unfortunately, I went through a difficult time with stigma, with false memory ocd, and it became less about helping me and more about figuring out if I had actually done something bad. How can we stop this stigma? Why would anyone admit, on record to these thoughts and obsessive worries when all they do, is create a stigma for the sufferer and sling mud onto them. I know we have to look beyond this but lets have this debate and opinion, im interested.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/07/ocd-tricks-memories-things-never-really-happened-7327069/

From what I've seen, the stigma is self produced. Sufferers think far worse about themselves than others. You create the stigma, believing you are bad or dsmaged goods and project that onto other people, believing they too must think badly about you.

I agree with PolarBear that there is a huge amount of self stigma, but have also encountered it when seeking help.  I was visiting my family in America and drove myself to A&E because I couldn't bear the intrusive thoughts anymore...  They put an armed guard outside my room.  It was horrifying.  The worse possible response to my OCD.

I am more careful now. I ask anyone new if they understand ocd and intrusive thoughts.  If they don't, I do not disclose.   If they do understand it, I tell them I am consumed with doubt about ______ but that it is also a feature of my OCD or one of my obsessions.

Hope this helps.

I was feeling really bad desperate for help then i call the police.They stayed with me until the ambulance came then they followed us to the hospital.And stayed with me there until someone could come to watch me.

Then when i was in the mental hospital the police searched my flat.Lies were being spread on the ward so i reported it to the police.

And another time i had celldoc call for an ambulance then the hospital were asking me if i had indecent images.I couldnt beleave that.

Edited by Charlie ocd

It sounds really stressful!  Do you have a mental health nurse or any other regular support?  It might be worth having your mental health worker or GP put notes in your medical records to indicate that you have false memories and/or intrusive thoughts concerning child safety.  

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I feel like this oftentimes are an issue suffererar turns to. All I can say is that it is tricky, one have to look for what motivation he/she has when it comes to why you are intrested in the matter