Groinal responses

This is the worst aspect of ocd (if I have ocd at all).   I was flicking through the tv channels earlier and there was tennis on. I instantly got a groinal reposnse to Rafael Nadal.   It disturned me a little but ignored it as best I could and went about my day.  Went to the gym and for a run.   Came home, had a shower.  Turned on the tv.  An ad for an upcoming football game randomly came on tv and Christiano Ronaldo showed his abs after celebrating a goal and I instantly got a groinal response.  This one disturbed me more as it was stronger.

It feels like a bolt of lightening INSTANTLY in my penis and testicles like sexual energy/tingling.  I don't get an erection because the sensations make me scared.  Its so hard in these moments to believe its ocd.  My attraction to women has totally disappeared.   I still like looking at women on the street but I don't feel any arousal or sexual energy.  

Oh, also after a groinal I will feel a lasting tightness/slightly swollen feeling down therefor ages afterwards. 

How do I know I am not in denial?  Is my groin telling me the truth?  Is my groin honest and me dishonest?

I'm not going to answer your questions. You've been in denial of your OCD for at least five years now and for the same time you have repeatedly posted the same questions.

Keep doing what you are doing and you will keep getting the same result.

Is it normal for ocd for me to fully believe I am gay now?  I really don't see it as ocd anymore.  If I sit beside or near a guy I get butterfly feelings/nervous feeling/groinal responses.   If I sit beside a girl none of these things happen.

If I look at a guy I get these feelings.  If I look at a girl I don't.

Nobody else feels like me. 

Rehashing old material. You've been posting this stuff and questions for at least five years.

What you haven't figured out, unfortunately, is that you are stuck. And you are stuck because of your thinking and behavior. If you don't change what you do, you'll remain stuck and you'll be asking the same, pointless questions 10 years from now.

This is such a sad situation. If you get these sensations in response to EVERY guy, do you not see something is not adding up? No person on the planet would have these sensations in response to EVERY guy/ girl. I don't see how anyone here can give you any more advice on the issue Eric. I have no doubts about my sexuality and yet I don't have arousal sensations for ALL the people of the opposite sex. The same would go for people of all sexualities. For all the thinking you've done, how come you haven't come to this conclusion before? Look through all your posts on this forum and SIAD and empty closets and look at how the themes have evolved. That's your evidence it's OCD! You need to come to terms with accepting the sensations. Pushing them away has not worked for you in all these years 

On 02/02/2019 at 06:23, Dave321 said:

Nobody else feels like me. 

Very unlikely.  While the experiences of your entire lifetime will obviously be unique to you, as it is very every person who every lives, the idea that no one has experience the same types of feelings or situations that you are is extremely unlikely.  Millions upon millions of people have OCD.  Many of them have doubts related to sexuality.  You are not the first and you won't be the last to worry about your sexual preferences. You can keep talking yourself in to believing that somehow your situation is, in all the world, completely unique, but the odds are strong that its not, and that this is OCD and that if you accept that and follow the steps to handle OCD you'd be better off than you are now.  But its up to you. 

Hi Dave321,

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time. In my opinion, if you really want to start to feel better you need to accept that what you are feeling is OCD. This is the first step to get better.

big hug

11 hours ago, paradoxer said:

Well, if you don't think your responses are related to OCD, why post on an OCD forum?

Thanks for the great support.  I doubt I have OCD but thansk for telling me I dont anyway.  I wonder would you say that to someone with POCD?  You realise such type of comments could lead to suicide you idiot.

It's a valid point, Dave.

First, paradoxer never said you don't have OCD. You read that wrong.

Second, you have been coming here for close to five years. During that whole time, you have consistently been told your problem is OCD. Every time, you tell us it's not, you are gay. What's the point? You come here as if to argue with us. This has been going on for years.

Edited by PolarBear
4 hours ago, Dave321 said:

Thanks for the great support.  I doubt I have OCD but thansk for telling me I dont anyway.  I wonder would you say that to someone with POCD?  You realise such type of comments could lead to suicide you idiot.

You never change ?

4 hours ago, Dave321 said:

Sometimes a person needs to face tough questions in recovery.  It can seem harsh, but it doesn't come from a place of malice.

The simple, honest truth is that an OCD forum isn't going to help you much if you don't have OCD.  If you are convinced that you are gay but are having a hard time accepting that, there are places and people you can talk to that will help you with that, but an OCD forum is probably not going to be where you need to be.

However, and this is important, what we are trying to get you to understand is that the behavior you are describing, the way you present to us, very much fits the behavior of a person with OCD.  You clearly have doubts that you have OCD, but we are trying to tell you that all these doubts, all these "but..." counters your mind comes up with are par for the course in someone with OCD.

If you want help, if you want to get better then you have to start listening to the advice and information people are giving you.  You are doing yourself and the rest of us no favors if your response to the advice you are given is to simply come up with reasons why you aren't sure, reasons why you doubt.  We KNOW you have doubt, EVERYONE who has OCD feels those same kinds of doubt, its the core of what OCD is.  You are seeing that doubt as proof that you don't have OCD, when, in fact, its exactly how a person with OCD can feel.

So you have to make a choice, you have to decide to treat your problem as OCD even though you aren't sure, in which case the advice we give you can be helpful.  If you want to reject that option, if you want to decide you don't have OCD, well that choice is up to you, but if thats the case posting about your problems on an OCD help forum isn't going to be much use to you or anyone else right?  Doesn't that make sense?  Its harsh, but its true.  You can only help someone who is willing to accept that help.  If you don't want the help of the people here, thats your right, but then you should evaluate whether this is the best place to get you the help you think you need.

Hi dave321:),

I just want to tell you that in some way I know how you feel (at least I think I know how you feel).

Years ago, I used to feel a sexual energy (in my genitals) every time I saw something religious (my OCD is about religion). I can not express you how evil I used to feel every time this happened. It was terrible! This is why I am so sure you have OCD, I felt the same you are feeling now but with a different topic. My topic is religion, your topic is sexuality.

This doesn't happen me now, and the reason of this is that I understood that what was happening me was OCD and I learned to fight it :boxing: as OCD. This is your first step. You have to understand that you have OCD. Trust me!:57439eb60db27_thumbup:

It is not easy for me to talk about this but I hope It can help you a little

Big hug 

I think it's important to point out, that it's ok to relate, we all can, but the content of one's obsessions is irrelevant. To cite a well known therapist, 'Content is trash'.  

After a while, continuing to tell someone repeatedly that they have OCD, though well-intended, actually hurts them more. Why? Because it's reassurance, and if it's OCD, the disorder likes nothing more. 

Edited by paradoxer