Health anxiety - scared of ovarian cancer

I have had this fear for around 10 years when a work colleague passed away from the disease.  

In them 10 years I have had bloating, backache, left sided lower ab pain, and coloured discharge.

It always been in the back of my mind, the worry, the fear etc....what if?

Last weekend, I became really unwell in which I had the runs and nausea, my belly was very bloated and uncomfortable and have really bad backache.  I'm just starting to feel better, but still feel weak, still have back pain and still have ab pain.  Then I'm sorry I googled and yes symptoms are the same and they went on about stages.....now from Saturday when i was I'll, I keep thinking that I am wriggled with cancer and that's it! I am so scared.

In the passed I've had for the same problem an ultrasound scan of my reproduction system, and this said my ovaries where normal etc and that their was a small polyp in my womb, this was 5 years ago! ?

I'm only 42..... I am awaiting blood results at min and so scared.  Maybe I am reassurance seeking, but I'm just scared.  Everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying, but I can't! NOT when I'm still I'll and still having symptoms. 

Please help....

Jo

You have an unusual pain that sticks around, you go to the doctor. Thinking it is ovarian cancer because someone had it ten years ago is irrational.

Googling symptoms was the worst thing you could do. It was a compulsion. Did it make you feel better? No! So stop doing it. Stay off Google. Check other compulsions you may be doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you are feeling so anxious - it's horrible to feel that way.

im a nurse and I know that ca125 levels can be elevated for all sorts of reasons so try not to jump to conclusions. The UsS will probably be done to find out the cause of the pain.

Have you tried CBT for your anxiety? I can recommend a good book that helps challenge your anxious thoughts if you're interested.

Oetegenn1976, if it's any consolation, I have a current obsession about mouth cancer.I did a lot of checking with my tongue and mirror earlier and this was the wrong thing to do. There is a lot of stress in my life at the moment and it makes sense that obsessions would spring up. I can only guess that you have a lot of stress on in your life too.

The thing to do is stop checking, stay away from google and allow the feelings of anxiety and panic to be there. That is the only way past this obsession of yours and mine.