Contamination OCD

Anyone go cold turkey with contamination OCD, I know it's not recommended and exposure therapy should be gradual
My biggest fear is my house becoming contaminated and especially my bedroom,  but I now think my house is contaminated and wondering if I don't now try and rectify this if I should just allow everything to be contaminated and live with the anxiety.

I'm just sure I'll never feel happy or relaxed in my house again but maybe it will break the cycle, I still feel my bedroom is a " safe zone " but should I let the contamination in there too and just love with it? Xx

It's more I have to shower and wash my hair or I feel I'm bringing contamination in on myself into the bedroom, I am 80% housebound and spend a lot of time in bed due to a chronic illness, so it's important I relax which is difficult when I'm anxious about contamination.

Hi kbycdt,

If you spend a lot of time in bed due to a chronic illness that means you have a lot of free time to think about OCD. Do you do some activity while you are in bed? For example, knitting or watching a nice movie, etc. We (people with OCD) have to maintain our mind busy doing positive activities as much as posible. Do you have any hobbies? Hobbies are really helpful :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Big hug 

50 minutes ago, Andrea said:

If you spend a lot of time in bed due to a chronic illness that means you have a lot of free time to think about OCD. 

what I wanted to say with this is that you have a lot of time to being bothered by your OCD during the day.