Hi new to all this my daughter has ocd and is behaving very unlike herself she says that its my fault all of it and the house and said she has cut me out off her life which I can't understand because we are normally very close  She is seeing a therapist who is trying Nidotherapy and this has all started since. Please can anyone help me?

Hi Angel. 

If she has OCD then so be it. Around 1% of the population have it. 

It is possible for children to develop OCD traits as a result of copying their parents if they are sufferers. And we can obsess and compulse over literally anything so that may mean something about the home environment is behind her OCD. 

The gold standard treatment for OCD is cognive behavioural therapy and you can find out about it from the main OCD-UK website. 

Don't know anything about Nidotherapy other than a quick Google suggests its something to do with environments, which may link back to this perception she has that you and the house are behind her OCD. 

I can relate to how you must be feeling. My sister went to a Freudian-style therapist who blamed her mental issues on her childhood and her mother. 

This was totally wrong - she actually had OCD and it had nothing to do with her relationship with her mother - though, as it happens, it was poorer than mine. 

So there is more to this than her perception I suspect. But you may need to be patient and look to tease out of her why exactly she feels this way, meantime learning more about OCD and how cognitive behavioural therapy might really help her with her obsessional fears and compulsions. 

You will find that avoidance and dodging issues don't work in recovery - we have to face our OCD fears and disarm them in order to recover. 

Edited by taurean