Hi new to all this my daughter has ocd and is behaving very unlike herself she says that its my fault all of it and the house and said she has cut me out off her life which I can't understand because we are normally very close  She is seeing a therapist who is trying Nidotherapy and this has all started since. Please can anyone help me?

Hi yes she had that last year and was doing quite well then she went down hill she had to have a 12week break  for some reason and is now seeing someine different but started with cbt again but not working. Am am so confused because her behavour is so unlike her is this common with ocd she has also stopped all her medication and this therapist seems to be ok with it she just suddenly stopped it without gp knowing which greatley concerns me i am at my wits end with it all.

Hi Angel63.   I looked up  Nidotherapy. I think that there are about 1000 therapies mentioned on Wikipedia. It has a very brief description about changing the person’s environment rather than changing the person.

The recommended therapy for OCD is CBT for OCD.

I really feel for you.

I can only suggest that you point you daughter to this site. Ask her to look up information of NHS Choice. Point her to the book Break Free From OCD. And try to get her to see her GP. Or perhaps an alternative GP. Perhaps that will work.

Therapy is an unregulated market. You can only try to get her to see a recommended therapist with membership of an appropriate body and her GP. This info can be found on this site.

I hope this small contribution helps.