Health anxiety checking ocd

Guest Phil10

Guest Phil10

I went to the doctor they couldn’t feel anything wrong and said it’s maybe work stress and wedding stres causing it as expected 

Problem is I feel the stomach pain all the time I hope it goes away eventually?

Guest Phil10
1 hour ago, PolarBear said:

What do you want us to say, Phil? Seems you're looking for reassurance.

Well reassurance won’t help will it

The symptom won’t go and I have no idea when it will go it could be months? Weeks? Longer nobody knows it reminds me of my sore back it lasted months without explanation even had X Ray and one day it it just went.

9 hours ago, Phil10 said:

I went to the doctor they couldn’t feel anything wrong and said it’s maybe work stress and wedding stres causing it as expected 

Problem is I feel the stomach pain all the time I hope it goes away eventually?

You went to the doctor and they didn't find anything wrong, suggested probably causes so for now thats what you need to go with.

In the meantime you can follow any recommendations they gave, such as medication, or take standard stomach medication on your own for the allowed dosage/time.  
You can modify your diet to exclude foods that are more likely to cause you distress (spicy foods perhaps, or greasy foods).
You should also work on stress reduction techniques and overall you should see someone about your OCD, it is clearly still causing you significant issues.
If the stomach issues persist overtime then you'd go back to see the doctor again but you also need to accept that we have imperfect bodies that sometimes do not function optimally.

Guest Phil10

Yes sadly I fear it’s some sort of awful disease or I will have this pain forever. Yes I could try some sort of sore stomach remedy but I worry it’s serious.

I don’t get why anxiety can cause this. I mean I wake up and got 30 mins often I feel fine and the stomach pain comes on I’m not always thinking about the ocd and anxiety it just comes on. Surely if it was anxiety I would be feeling anxious more often?

Guest Phil10

Update I took the Ranitidine and still had like some chest and stomach pain can it really be anxiety? I am finding myself getting worked up with it and it’s causing me anxiety. I have had some caffeine drinks today so perhaps that doesn’t help? 

How can I find a cure for this? I worry I am dying or something

2 hours ago, Phil10 said:

Update I took the Ranitidine and still had like some chest and stomach pain can it really be anxiety? I am finding myself getting worked up with it and it’s causing me anxiety. I have had some caffeine drinks today so perhaps that doesn’t help? 

How can I find a cure for this? I worry I am dying or something

It's a somatic obsession.

Guest Phil10

Update I took a Ranitidine yesterday it never worked right away but during the day and night I felt the symptom almost go almost back to normal. Then I went to try sleep and couldn’t sleep as was in pain.

So I felt all panicky and today I took another ranitidine hoping I feel better as the day goes on.

Let me explain the pain stated as a nervous stomach and now it’s moved onto the top above my stomach too. It feels like trapped wind almost like a balloon inside my stomach that needs popping. Has anybody heard of that feeling before can it be anxiety? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil10

I have had this sore stomach on and off. It can suddenly come on mostly in the evening I take some stomach tablets but that’s not helping much. If I sleep and wake up it goes away? Could it be anxiety? 

On 18/02/2019 at 16:19, Phil10 said:

Does anybody have this issue? Or get any physical symptoms? 

I have had a sore stomach for a few days now and I have been nervous about going on long trains on holiday so this may be a cause however my ocd makes me google and makes me fear it’s something worse?

Compare your question to this one you posted at the beginning of this thread last month. 

Refocus away from the thought, accept its presence, reattribute it to bothersome ocd making your body feel panicked. Ignore the panic signals.