• Hi everyone,  I wish I knew why I am in the grips of this OCD bully monster again. I am just so anxious and worried about everything. My husband suffers with problems with his legs, they sometimes break down and leak fluid, which makes his compression stockings he has to wear wet despite some dressings on. My ocd makes me fear anything wet. As I think if something is wet things can stick to it. Does anyone else think like this?  I dread him even getting our dogs poo up, when his stockings could have wet on them. I feel things will contaminate other things anywhere he goes. God I hate this vile ocd. Why do I do this STUPID thing ???] I feel so ashamed and guilty for being like this. Sorry to go on really need some confidence and to believe in my self. Xxx

Look, although initially you got intrusive thoughts that something was wrong, now the problem is that you give life to the thoughts through compulsions. How you think and how you behave is driving your OCD. You keep doing compilsions, you'll keep getting intrusive thoughts. It's as simple as that. Compulsions equals additional suffering.

23 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Look, although initially you got intrusive thoughts that something was wrong, now the problem is that you give life to the thoughts through compulsions. How you think and how you behave is driving your OCD. You keep doing compilsions, you'll keep getting intrusive thoughts. It's as simple as that. Compulsions equals additional suffering.

That's great advice for us all. When I read advice like this it really does inspire me and gives me back hope. 

I hope it helps you too Madchoc. Please don't feel ashamed or guilty, you have no reason to.

The solution is hard, but simple. I've been round and round today and the above advice is spot on and I will dust myself off and start again. You can retrain your thinking about things that are wet. I believe you can. Take care. X

Edited by Emsie