uni isn't known for being stress free, and all of us know the stress caused by ocd. I'm struggling at the moment to keep up with uni work and all the stress that entails, whilst keeping my ocd at bay. its a twisted juggling act and I can't seem to get the hang of it. its also hard to decipher whether my feelings are ocd or just normal stress which makes me question whether im just lazy. any advice?

vi 

Edited by vivi_x

Hi vivi_x :),

You are not lazy vivi_x. Uni work can be stressful and can be even more stressful when you have OCD. The thing is that you can handle to go to uni and having OCD.

Years ago, a good friend encourage me to go to uni even though I was convinced that I would't be able to make it due to my OCD.

Now thanks to my hard work I have a college degree.

I send you the same encouragement that my friend gave me once. You can do it (uni + ocd). You have to work hard. But you totally can do it.:57439eb60db27_thumbup:

I send you a huge hug :;

Edited by Andrea
Guest OCDhavenobrain
6 hours ago, vivi_x said:

uni isn't known for being stress free, and all of us know the stress caused by ocd. I'm struggling at the moment to keep up with uni work and all the stress that entails, whilst keeping my ocd at bay. its a twisted juggling act and I can't seem to get the hang of it. its also hard to decipher whether my feelings are ocd or just normal stress which makes me question whether im just lazy. any advice?

vi 

It can/will be hard when you have OCD. This may seem somewhat depressing but you need to have your recovery from OCD as your number one priority! Do not fool yourself and think that it can wait. 

I really don't know what else you can do, I mean you could go on and just do your work, I have done that when it have been bad but I haven't seriously got that much done when it is really bad. When it is just bad it can be a very good thing to just give yourself to one task, I did that this summer and it worked really good as a step in the right directin. 

Good luck mate

Hi vivi,

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with being open about the OCD, it's always a very personal decision who to tell...but if your course tutor's approachable it might be worth considering talking to them about this.

Most universities have counselling services to tap into for extra support, but I'm pretty sure in some circumstances work deadlines can be extended to take the pressure off. You might not need to take it up for every deadline, just knowing it's there tho' as a back up could be enough to help ease some of your stress levels, just an idea.

Thank you everyone for your support, I am trying my best to manage it 

16 hours ago, Hal said:

Hi vivi,

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with being open about the OCD, it's always a very personal decision who to tell...but if your course tutor's approachable it might be worth considering talking to them about this.

Most universities have counselling services to tap into for extra support, but I'm pretty sure in some circumstances work deadlines can be extended to take the pressure off. You might not need to take it up for every deadline, just knowing it's there tho' as a back up could be enough to help ease some of your stress levels, just an idea.

Yeah I have told the tutors but as with most people they don’t really understand, I am thinking of doing a project on it though so maybe that will hit two birds with one stone. Trying my best just to manage it and keep myself going