The past two weeks have been really hard on me with my OCD. I’ve had a lot going on- mainly getting a new job which, believe it or not, I’m really excited about! But it was obviously very stressful. I felt like I had to get out of my old job ASAP because it was so bad there, then I had the anxiety fuelled period of trial shifts, waiting to hear back etc... during which my OCD was, understandably, awful. Now I’m ill with a cold so I’m feeling tired and drained anyway, but also the aftermath of this horrible OCD episode has left me completely deflated. I’m struggling to find joy in anything, especially because my OCD has just found a way to ruin all the things I love doing. It’s been a rough period, I’ve kept fighting the fight but I am so tired. I feel like I’m going Hollow, the world just looks grey from where I am right now and my OCD, when it hits, leaves me with this overwhelming hopelessness. Hoping I’ll find the motivation to get back up soon because the last few days have just been soul destroying... every day has been this disgusting battle with my OCD and now I’m angry and tired and just feel like crying really. I’m so angry that my OCD makes me feel the way it does.

Sorry to hear you're continuing to struggle Ollie. I know I've had weeks where the ocd just seems to get worse, and I can't seem to tackle it...having a cold and starting a new job are certainly stressors that could be making things a lot harder for you. Try to rest and take things as easy on yourself as you can...keep resisting the ocd and I imagine as your cold gets better and your energy returns, things will get better...

wishing you well

Hi Ollie

I feel exactly the same as you! I have been fine for the last year then for the last month or so my OCD has taken a turn for the worst and i feel so stuck. But I know I've been through this before and have come out the other side as I'm sure you have too! Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have times like this. Whenever I feel like this I just have to remind myself how great things can be and that they will get back to that with time. Keep your chin up, you will beat this. I know there's not much advice in there - I'm still figuring it all out myself - but I always take comfort in knowing someone else feels the same. Things will get better x

Ollie I can really relate to this. I haven’t been able to hold down a job since I left uni because of OCD. It’s so frustrating as I got so excited about making these steps forward and then OCD came along and stole the joy from all of these successes, it sucks. I even started my own business but then the OCD attacked that too so now I am just trying my best to get a grip on it so that I can try to carry on in any way that I can. 

As the others have said, take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Illness and all these upheavals will undoubtedly make OCD more of a challenge, but you will get through the other side. Never forget that. 

Don’t give up. We have a struggle, but we won’t let it beat us! 

Thanks for the response guys! I’m definitely feeling a bit better the past few days. Still kind of have this consistent feeling of ‘meh’ like not being really happy or sad, just kind of having this emotional flatline. I think I was so stressed and anxious that my body kind of just is in shutdown mode to protect itself. I’ve been dealing with the OCD side of things pretty well overall, best I have in ages actually so hopefully I can get through this. I’m wary of thinking I’m nearly out of the woods just yet, but I’m sure if I keep it up I can do it!