some success

Having a rough night with ocd so thought I would try and think of some positive victories I had this week...(along with these victories I've also been struggling a lot and doing lots of compulsions but I want to remind myself of the times I was successful)

• used a wallet I had decided was contaminated
  • wore a sweater I thought was contaminated
  • got to 2 events even though I had some ocd episodes before them

I'm really appreciating being on this forum. Just reading posts from people who I can relate to and feeling like I'm not alone in the struggle is really helping me. So thanks for sharing your stories.

If anybody else wants to post some of their victories they've had this week here, please do :) 

Edited by leif
2 hours ago, leif said:

Yes that is how I try to gain strength before facing more exposures--seems to help...

That is a great tool leif! :57439eb60db27_thumbup: sometimes OCD makes us to forget what we do right winning battles against OCD. OCD makes easy to see the negative side and forget our victories. Great job leif :thumbup:

bih hug

Edited by Andrea
1 hour ago, leif said:

Thanks Andrea--needing that extra support right now as I'm having a difficult day again!

I am sorry you are having a difficult day leif. I send you a big hug:hug:, you are doing a great job leif! keep going! don't give up!

P.S. By the way, I think you write very good and helpful posts to the forum, thank you for that, I really appreciate :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Nice one Leif! :D I agree with Andrea, you're a great encouraging presence on the forum! Thankyou <3

A few victories of mine this week:

• Used a towel I was afraid might be contaminated
  • Went somewhere where there were lots of people (which triggers thoughts about harming)
  • Managed to mostly resist obsessing about the floor maybe being contaminated

:hug:

5 hours ago, Andrea said:

I am sorry you are having a difficult day leif. I send you a big hug:hug:, you are doing a great job leif! keep going! don't give up!

P.S. By the way, I think you write very good and helpful posts to the forum, thank you for that, I really appreciate :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Thank you Andrea! I really appreciate your presence here as well. Your warmth and hugs always make me feel a little better :)

3 hours ago, HadenoughofOCD said:

Wow those are some great steps forward Leif! You should feel really proud of yourself! :clap:

Thanks Hadenough! I 'm trying to stay focussed on my gains rather than all the times I keep falling back into compulsions!

2 hours ago, Sputnik said:

Nice one Leif! :D I agree with Andrea, you're a great encouraging presence on the forum! Thankyou <3

A few victories of mine this week:

• Used a towel I was afraid might be contaminated
  • Went somewhere where there were lots of people (which triggers thoughts about harming)
  • Managed to mostly resist obsessing about the floor maybe being contaminated

Awesome Sputnik! Thanks so much for adding your victories! It just cheers me up to read about others overcoming similar struggles!

Lets keep up the good work!

Edited by leif