For the last 9 weeks I have experienced constant intrusive thoughts and rumination I had truly lost myself and my anxiety was running riot with my thinking .

9 days ago I reached out to my GP and local mental health workers . I increased my Prozac dose to 60mg and am still awaiting CBT . Until today my mind has felt tense and obsessed and in many respects my symptoms worsened 

today is the first day for a long time that my mind has been calmer . I still get the thoughts but they do not result in terrible rumination . There has been occasions today when I have forgotten my terrible thoughts and the shame guilt and fear that they bring . 

It feels weird but does anyone else think I might be on the steps to get better 

It's a step in the right direction, Skippy. 

Maybe see if you can build on it by practising refocus away to benefial involved activities. 

And shifting to in the present in the moment thinking (mindfulness) takes us away from that part of the brain where we obsess and compulse, and into a benign area where we are totally wrapped up just in the here and now immediately around us. 

This can break that chain of constant ruminations. 

All the best Skippy 

Roy 

Hi cub 

Coming back to feelings of hurt and resentment at being held back by your mental issues whereas others can progress, I identify with that. 

It was certainly true for me. I had the qualifications and experience to be a Director with my own department, but not the mental health to be able to do this. 

So I decided to make the best of what I could do, and exchanged some client work for training and mentoring others - I thoroughly enjoyed that, plus it wasn't stressful. 

So there may be some way that you could ask for them to rejig your work to make it more fulfilling without adding stress. 

Edited by taurean
10 hours ago, taurean said:

Hi cub 

Coming back to feelings of hurt and resentment at being held back by your mental issues whereas others can progress, I identify with that. 

It was certainly true for me. I had the qualifications and experience to be a Director with my own department, but not the mental health to be able to do this. 

So I decided to make the best of what I could do, and exchanged some client work for training and mentoring others - I thoroughly enjoyed that, plus it wasn't stressful. 

So there may be some way that you could ask for them to rejig your work to make it more fulfilling without adding stress. 

Oops sorry Skippy posted onto wrong thread. Will copy over to cub's. 

Roy