Obsessive worries about death

I have had enough of these thoughts now, I had these these obsessive thoughts and worries for nearly a month, since my brother in law passed away.  I am so scared that I am never going to get these thoughts put of my head and that my life will just be me worrying and over thinking too much....when all I want to do is live, without such morbid thoughts.

I keep worrying about my time, keep thinking about people walking around thinking they don't know when etc.  It's totally doing my head in.  I was fine before he died and now I just feel like I'm going nuts.

I am having cbt on health anxiety, but is there anything else I can do to rid these thoughts and not let them bother me.

I keep trying to be rational about it, that no one knows etc but still scared, still frightened and it's just basically all I think about from the moment I wake up till I go to bed....I am wasting my life with obsessing.

Please give me some advice or whatever else I need x

Jo

Guest Paul92

In a similar boat to you. I'm the same. I have certain worries and they're what I think about all day. The thing to do is just live like you normally would. Do get involved in Googling things etc etc. Just live as you want to and if you find yourself ruminating, just refocus again. Keep doing it. It does work. But it is hard.

That's the thing, I'm just constantly worrying, giving meaning to these thoughts and want them to go.....but their just stuck there, because I believe them.  How can i get my life back without worrying and obsessing about the inevitable. 

Guest Paul92
3 hours ago, oetegenn1976 said:

That's the thing, I'm just constantly worrying, giving meaning to these thoughts and want them to go.....but their just stuck there, because I believe them.  How can i get my life back without worrying and obsessing about the inevitable. 

Trust me, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I went a few weeks genuinely believing that everything I saw, from the physical reality to the people I interacted with was all a fabrication of my mind. I genuinely believed it. I never thought I would get past it, ever. But what I did, I stopped Googling this to prove it or disprove it either way, and forced myself to do things I normally would i.e watch my favourite magic shows on Netflix, watch a football match, cook some nice food. At first my anxiety went through the roof. But I kept going, I don't know how. And now, sitting here, the thought doesn't bother me one bit and I can see how ridiculous it was. I say this just to give you hope that you can let this go but you have to change your behaviour, by not engaging with it in any way. It'll make you anxious, but when nothing bad happens, your mind will process it and become bored with it.

Guest Phil10

I have this worry.

The fear of dying some awful way or I worry there will be nothing when you are not around. If there is something great if not that’s not great either I do hope there is some kind of reincarnation. I also hope we can find immortality in my lifetime but I fear it may not happen or would only be for the rich.

On 05/03/2019 at 02:19, oetegenn1976 said:

I am just so scared that if i start acting normal, and dismissing the thoughts and getting on with my life and enjoying life that I'm tempting fate! 

Does that mean that the vast majority of people on earth are also tempting fate? They don't worry about death the way you seem to be worrying about it and they live their lives.  Worrying about death won't change anything.  These are not worries you have to address, or solve.  You can just live your life, you should act normal, otherwise the OCD wins and then you waste the time you do have.  Best to try and not play OCD's game.