Testing and false feelings

I want this to be my final post like this.

After ruminating so much I want to ask this final question to anyone here, I've been told to put it all down to ocd and move on.

Is testing and feeling like you want to or could act on your fear all ocd tricks? This is the hardest part for me to accept.

Can you feel like suddenly you 'snapped' or you for reasons unknown felt compelled to test yourself or worst case scenario feel like you wanted to see if you would act out? 

Can ocd create a moment of feeling like you want to do it, like the urge is real? 

This is just a worst case scenario, my ocd throws this at me all the time. Making me doubt what I did and didn't feel. 

I want to know if it can mess with the way you 'feel' or 'think' you feel in the moment, how can it be so convincing that this thing you've feared and disgusts you...you suddenly question "did I want to act out" "did I want to get close"

It's these moments that make me feel like I was a monster for a moment then returned to normal and freaked out.

So can it make you FEEL different and make the urges seem VERY REAL and daring?

2 hours ago, ocdsufferer85 said:

So can it make you FEEL different and make the urges seem VERY REAL and daring?

Yes and yes. Is the obsession important to you? Yes. Is it causing you emotional distress? Yes. Would acting on it make you the worst person in the entire world? Yes. Then your OCD is going to home right in on that and make you absolutely mega hyper sensitive to the thought, the obsession and any feelings to do with it to the point that you're flooded with anxiety and can no longer feel any true feelings. 

I expect someone else can explain this better than me. 

But yes, OCD. 

I'm not going to answer your questions and no one else should either. We can't continue to entertain your compulsions. You've asked similar questions dozens and dozens of times. No answer satisfies you. You always come back for more.

This behavior is not helping you.

7 hours ago, PolarBear said:

I'm not going to answer your questions and no one else should either. We can't continue to entertain your compulsions. You've asked similar questions dozens and dozens of times. No answer satisfies you. You always come back for more.

This behavior is not helping you.

Its the first time I've experienced this.. Confusion as to what my 'feelings' are  

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ocdsufferer85 said:

How many times does it have to keep coming back I'm sick of it

If you're goal is to make it so. you never think about your intrusive thought again, I'm afraid you will probably lose that battle.  HOWEVER, that is not the battle you need to be fighting or should be fighting.  The battle you need to fight is getting to the point where you don't really CARE if you have the intrusive thought.  You want to reach the point where you have gotten your brain to recognize that your intrusive thought is meaningless.

Now this is where a lot of people can get hung up for a bit.  Take, for example the following intrusive thought, "What if I snap and try and hurt my children".  When we tell that person they need to stop caring about that thought, the reflexively push back something along this lines "But that would be horrible if that happened, I don't want to be the kind of person who doesn't care if they hurt their children!!!"  This is a common misunderstanding.  Dismissing a thought doesn't mean dismissing the IDEA used in the thought.  In our example, no one is asking you to be OK with children being harmed.  We are asking you to recognize that "what if I snap and try and hurt my children" is a meaningless thought does not, in any way, indicate you would actually hurt your children.