Hi everyone, 

I am still struggling with contamination OCD, I know !!!! Sorry all , new Wetroom being started on 18 March , still dreading this, no shower facilities for a week. Also condenser needs cleaning in dryer, another problem, due to tracking and connecting. HATE HATE OCD WITH A PASSION, Feel so isolated, just really want to see my daughters and grandchildren, I just want a hug from them , but unfortunately they seem to think staying away will give me motivation to get better, but I suppose I’m being selfish, still wish they would call. They don’t want the grandchildren to be involved with OCD, like they were in their childhood. Why oh why do I let my contamination thoughts win. Sorry to sound off , thanks for reading xx❤️

Hi Madchoc,

Hope all goes well with the Wetroom...

Yes use this as a good chance to see how well you can do and don't let it stop there--keep tackling the ocd and let your family see that you are willing to deal with it and hopefully then you can connect with the grandkids as you'd like to.

One of the exercises I like to do when I'm feeling hesitant about dealing with the ocd issues is:' reasons to work on ocd'

I write out as a reminder all the reasons why it is worth putting up with the difficulty of exposures. When I was at my worst I became very isolated and cut off from my family, friends and community--that was a huge motivator to get onto meds and to do the cbt work!

Hi madchoc :),

I am sorry you feel so isolated madchoc. Now you have a very good motivation to fight against your OCD :boxing:.

I hope you can see your daughters and grandchildren soon.

KEEP FIGHTING, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

I send you a huge HUG:hug: