Since my brother in law passed 3 weeks ago my anxiety, ocd and everything else has been through the roof.

I'm terrified of death and dying, I'm frightened of doing anything thats fun in case I tempt fate.  I'm scared of illness and I'm certainly scared of my mental health and were its going.

For these last 3 weeks I feel so tense, that I'm so frightened that my heart cant take it and I will die.  I'm getting my bathroom done and frightened I may die.... I'm frightened that I might be next and it's freaking me out! 

I am so scared and want to be normal again.

Jo

Guest Paul92

You're going round in circles, aren't you? And you will continue to unless you do what needs to be done, like I told you in your other thread. You need to break the cycle. It's not easy but it is the road to recovery. This CAN be overcome.

Live as you normally would and don't engage with the thoughts. It'll make you anxious at first but this WILL pass.

Nothwithstanding that grief throws everyone for a loop, has your behavior over the last weeks, notably worrying and ruminating, helped you or harmed you? In other words, has your thinking and behavior done any good?

If not, then maybe you can see that you need to try a different approach.

None of my thoughts are helping....it just all came when my brother in law died, I still can't believe he's gone...it's just a huge shock, he was only 46, I'm 42.  He was fine in the morning then gone in the afternoon, it's just weird.  Ever since that day, I've been panicking about my life and questioning when will I? I'm absolutely terrified and feel I'm not coping at all with his death.

I just want to be better, but even writing this I'm having pains and thinking I might die of a broken heart!

Jo