Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
humbleno1

Weird pain behind my right eye, above my eye slightly

Recommended Posts

I have a weird pain above my eye, that is almost like something i spike over, i pick at my eye lid its like a compulsion but it never goes away EVER, im so confused by this why wont it go awya.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, paradoxer said:

Why post about an apparent eye problem on an OCD forum?

Ok so I guess I didnt articulate it very well.

Its not an eye problem per say, you know stress headaches, that are like, a result from anxiety well anyway, Its almost like I can feel teh anxiety in my head, behind my eye  sometimes it feels as if my actual, eye is bruised but its not, and it goes down into my nose, its liek a stress headache or something i dont know, so its like tension behind my eye, sometimes when blink fast to try and combat the anxiety its like a feeling to put it just right my eye very rarely spasms its very strange it dissipates when I pull the eyelid, but then comes back straight away, its hard to explain, but its definitely from anxiety of some sort, because the pain is associated with a worry of an old spike to do with false memroies, and when i forget about the spike the stress goes and the eye pain goes. its very strange.

Share this post


Link to post

It's alright to vent. and sorry to hear it. I doubt that many here can offer much more than empathy. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, humbleno1 said:

Ok so I guess I didnt articulate it very well.

Its not an eye problem per say, you know stress headaches, that are like, a result from anxiety well anyway, Its almost like I can feel teh anxiety in my head, behind my eye  sometimes it feels as if my actual, eye is bruised but its not, and it goes down into my nose, its liek a stress headache or something i dont know, so its like tension behind my eye, sometimes when blink fast to try and combat the anxiety its like a feeling to put it just right my eye very rarely spasms its very strange it dissipates when I pull the eyelid, but then comes back straight away, its hard to explain, but its definitely from anxiety of some sort, because the pain is associated with a worry of an old spike to do with false memroies, and when i forget about the spike the stress goes and the eye pain goes. its very strange.

Responded. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

Anxiety can certainly do odd things to us, physically as well as mentally. I have been having intense stomach aches lately, the cause of which I now believe stress to at least be a factor (if not the whole cause). It's also very easy to then fixate on an annoying pain as you're describing, and find it hard to leave it alone. Additionally, when we're stressed, we often create tension in our bodies which can result in pain. I also often feel that physical and mental issues can sometimes be so interlinked that it can be hard, if not impossible, to differentiate between them.

Are you seeing a therapist or doctor regarding your anxiety? If you are, I would mention this to them as well :)

Edited by Sputnik

Share this post


Link to post
On 07/03/2019 at 11:31, humbleno1 said:

im just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this?

HN1, recognize that you are reassurance seeking for something that is causing you anxiety.  
People get pain and strange sensations all the time, our bodies are like that.  Tension, stress, infection, even changes in weather can cause these types of symptoms.  If it persists a long time or is significantly interfering with your life, you can see a doctor, but in my experience these kind of things go away after a while on their own.  Just  a normal part of life.

Share this post


Link to post
On 08/03/2019 at 03:59, dksea said:

HN1, recognize that you are reassurance seeking for something that is causing you anxiety.  
People get pain and strange sensations all the time, our bodies are like that.  Tension, stress, infection, even changes in weather can cause these types of symptoms.  If it persists a long time or is significantly interfering with your life, you can see a doctor, but in my experience these kind of things go away after a while on their own.  Just  a normal part of life.

i think this is correct correlation with what you said, about before with the past and what happened and what i am doing now, and i think the anxiety is so prevelant because it is maybe a real possibility of that coming true, the whole false confession thing previous adn the stigma attached to it unfortunately anything that alters what i can and cant do in life is very distressing, and it seems to be something i cannot accept.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, humbleno1 said:

i think the anxiety is so prevelant because it is maybe a real possibility of that coming true

Remember with OCD the issue is not how real the possibility is, but how out of proportion our response to that possibility becomes.  With OCD we tend to jump right over the more probable, usually benign options and straight to the most serious, worst case scenario. Its good to remind ourself of our tendency to overcatstrophize and accept that life doesn't have to be perfect all the time (no pain, no anxiety, no sadness, etc.) to be normal and ok :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dksea said:

Remember with OCD the issue is not how real the possibility is, but how out of proportion our response to that possibility becomes.  With OCD we tend to jump right over the more probable, usually benign options and straight to the most serious, worst case scenario. Its good to remind ourself of our tendency to overcatstrophize and accept that life doesn't have to be perfect all the time (no pain, no anxiety, no sadness, etc.) to be normal and ok :)

i think that the problem is i never realised the lasting effect something like that has because of peoples ignorance unfortunately and, unfortunately htats the way it is, and it relaly kind of sucks, and if ida known would have never have went there with it. sigh, so now i feel like any day my world can be turned inside and out etc. name stained everything.

Share this post


Link to post
On 13/03/2019 at 10:33, humbleno1 said:

so now i feel like any day my world can be turned inside and out

Possibly thats true, but consider, how often in your entire life up to this point has that happened?  How many days has something truly life changing (in a negative way) happened?  Probably not too often.  The reality is, for most people, most days of our lives life remains pretty stable and "normal".  If it didn't the world would be a very very different place.

If you are waiting for a world in which nothing significantly bad can ever happen to you, I'm afraid that will never be true.  Bad things can and do happen sometimes, thats reality.  But if you spend all your time and effort worrying about those possibilities that means in essence something bad is ALWAYS happening to you, because the anxiety and doubt rob you of being able to enjoy life in the first place.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dksea said:

Possibly thats true, but consider, how often in your entire life up to this point has that happened?  How many days has something truly life changing (in a negative way) happened?  Probably not too often.  The reality is, for most people, most days of our lives life remains pretty stable and "normal".  If it didn't the world would be a very very different place.

If you are waiting for a world in which nothing significantly bad can ever happen to you, I'm afraid that will never be true.  Bad things can and do happen sometimes, thats reality.  But if you spend all your time and effort worrying about those possibilities that means in essence something bad is ALWAYS happening to you, because the anxiety and doubt rob you of being able to enjoy life in the first place.  

yeh i get that, but its the stigma around it, its not to do with the generalisation of something bad happening, for instance, im not living in fear of dying or, i dont know, anything else to some degree, i dont know, just feels alot more of a real possibility i dont think im being THAT, like unrealistic with my worry here, but what can i really do about it nothing? but it creates depression and anxiety on a day to day basis, i dont see much solution for that, beside go back in time.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

i dont think im being THAT, like unrealistic with my worry here, but what can i really do about it nothing? but it creates depression and anxiety on a day to day basis, i dont see much solution for that, beside go back in time.

It’s not unrealistic to be concerned about persistent, unexplained pain, no.  If it’s still bothering you you should see a doctor, that would be reasonable.

But developing deep anxiety and depression over something that is, so far as you know, not serious is definitely disproportionate. Also, I’m not quite clear on how going back in time would solve the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

The pain felt on your eye/front of face with a headache could be a migraine?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

im talking about the other thing my life being turned upside down lol, but its ok i guess its the same principle

In that case I'll recommend the following (not my original quote, fyi)
Never be a prisoner of your past, it was a lesson not a life sentence.
 

 

16 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

i dont think im being THAT, like unrealistic with my worry here, but what can i really do about it nothing? but it creates depression and anxiety on a day to day basis, i dont see much solution for that, beside go back in time.

I don't know what your specific worry is, I'm sure you've mentioned it on other threads but I don't know if I've seen, but given the OCD at play, I'm going to go with it being far less serious than you have come to believe it is, and that yes, you probably are being unrealistic with your worry.  I don't say that to make you feel bad, its how OCD works, its the trap we ALL fall in to regarding our intrusive thoughts until we learn how to respond differently.  Especially unrealistic if its causing you this much depression and anxiety. Unless you committed some terrible crime and are hiding from the authorities (unlikely) you should more than likely work on letting this go and moving on with your life.  The worrying isn't doing you or anyone good, so why continue with it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

thats the thing i dont know

The truth is that you don't HAVE to know.  OCD makes you feel like you HAVE to know in order to move on, but you actually don't.  The odds are you will never EVER be able to absolutely know what happened in the past.  Human memory is fallible anyway, and we can't time travel.  Sure, someone could show up to your house tomorrow with a video tape of the moment you are worried about, but maybe its a fake?  You just can never know for sure.  100% certainty is an illusion, no one can ever be 100% certain about anything, its just the reality of the universe we live in.  For most people thats not a problem, they reach a certain level of certainty and they THINK that means they are 100% certain, they get on with their lives, because they are certain enough and thats ok.  OCD lies to us, it tells us we HAVE to be 100% certain, an impossible goal, and we torture ourselves trying to reach it.  The truth is you don't have to play OCD's game, you DON'T have to be 100% certain and you CAN decide to live without that feeling of certainty.  Yes its difficult at first, you will still feel anxiety about your doubts, but anxiety won't kill you.  If you follow the steps to recovery laid out by CBT you can claim your life back from OCD and live a fulfilling and meaningful life.  But it starts with making the decision to start down the recovery path, accepting that the goal OCD is telling you you must meet is a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dksea said:

The truth is that you don't HAVE to know.  OCD makes you feel like you HAVE to know in order to move on, but you actually don't.  The odds are you will never EVER be able to absolutely know what happened in the past.  Human memory is fallible anyway, and we can't time travel.  Sure, someone could show up to your house tomorrow with a video tape of the moment you are worried about, but maybe its a fake?  You just can never know for sure.  100% certainty is an illusion, no one can ever be 100% certain about anything, its just the reality of the universe we live in.  For most people thats not a problem, they reach a certain level of certainty and they THINK that means they are 100% certain, they get on with their lives, because they are certain enough and thats ok.  OCD lies to us, it tells us we HAVE to be 100% certain, an impossible goal, and we torture ourselves trying to reach it.  The truth is you don't have to play OCD's game, you DON'T have to be 100% certain and you CAN decide to live without that feeling of certainty.  Yes its difficult at first, you will still feel anxiety about your doubts, but anxiety won't kill you.  If you follow the steps to recovery laid out by CBT you can claim your life back from OCD and live a fulfilling and meaningful life.  But it starts with making the decision to start down the recovery path, accepting that the goal OCD is telling you you must meet is a lie.

Very good post. 

 

On 14/03/2019 at 21:14, BelAnna said:

The pain felt on your eye/front of face with a headache could be a migraine?

Could be. Could also be cancer, that is sadly what one with OCD need to feel before they get better, that this thing I have right now that: yep this could be it, good bye world

On 07/03/2019 at 03:30, paradoxer said:

It's alright to vent. and sorry to hear it. I doubt that many here can offer much more than empathy. 

I disagree. I do find a point in pointing out the fact that the sufferer tends to ask on a forum about OCD but I dont see too much use in it, because the sufferer will just twist it. Saying that she is kot sure she has OCD. A person with OCD will be highly manipulative to get reassurance!!

Also I do think that we can offer extremly much. We are one of few who can offer this much information when it comes to OCD.

On 14/03/2019 at 06:34, dksea said:

Possibly thats true, but consider, how often in your entire life up to this point has that happened?  How many days has something truly life changing (in a negative way) happened?  Probably not too often.  The reality is, for most people, most days of our lives life remains pretty stable and "normal".  If it didn't the world would be a very very different place.

If you are waiting for a world in which nothing significantly bad can ever happen to you, I'm afraid that will never be true.  Bad things can and do happen sometimes, thats reality.  But if you spend all your time and effort worrying about those possibilities that means in essence something bad is ALWAYS happening to you, because the anxiety and doubt rob you of being able to enjoy life in the first place.  

This one time could be the time things turn out to be "true/important". Talkikg about possibilities when it comes to getting someone to stop engaging is somewhat I haven't find to be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

This one time could be the time things turn out to be "true/important". Talkikg about possibilities when it comes to getting someone to stop engaging is somewhat I haven't find to be useful.

It could be true, and there are some who ascribe to the approach that one must accept the worst case scenario in order to overcome OCD.  I, personally, have found that a different approach also works, and for me it is easier, to accept uncertainty and understand that OCD causes us to misinterpret possibility.  I try to gauge my actions based on more realistic views of possibility, while accepting that we can never be certain.

So maybe tomorrow I will finally have that heart attack, but the odds are not high so I should just continue as if I won't, even if I worry that its true.

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/03/2019 at 23:09, dksea said:

It could be true, and there are some who ascribe to the approach that one must accept the worst case scenario in order to overcome OCD.  I, personally, have found that a different approach also works, and for me it is easier, to accept uncertainty and understand that OCD causes us to misinterpret possibility.  I try to gauge my actions based on more realistic views of possibility, while accepting that we can never be certain.

So maybe tomorrow I will finally have that heart attack, but the odds are not high so I should just continue as if I won't, even if I worry that its true.

Concur, the idea is to aim for the greater good. On a slight tangent, I recall a couple of years ago being in the throes of an OCD rumination, and crossing a busy street, I was so engrossed, I almost stepped in front of a fast moving car. A reminder that by and large not much good comes from jumping to the disorder's commands. 

Share this post


Link to post

dksea, OT, so I'll keep it succinct. I see you're in Nihon, I spent about a year and a half in Tokyo - and am a great fan of the city. How are things there for you? If you're not inclined to engage in chat - no problem.    

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, paradoxer said:

Concur, the idea is to aim for the greater good. On a slight tangent, I recall a couple of years ago being in the throes of an OCD rumination, and crossing a busy street, I was so engrossed, I almost stepped in front of a fast moving car. A reminder that by and large not much good comes from jumping to the disorder's commands. 

Exactly. This is a real risk. It is pretty ironic that we dwell on some thought in our head as it is the most important thing in the world when we increase the risk of real problems

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Exactly. This is a real risk. It is pretty ironic that we dwell on some thought in our head as it is the most important thing in the world when we increase the risk of real problems

:yes:

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...