Hi everyone, 

I suffer from severe contamination OCD and anxiety, I don’t have any confidence or believe in my self at all. How do I get it back?? I continually doubt my self. I’m sure my OCD would be so much better if I believed in me. Any advice please, thank you. Xxx

Hi Madchoc,

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, I completely understand you, anxiety can take away all of your self belief. I don't think it's something that will come back overnight. You have to work on it and take gradual steps, as you start to face up to your OCD and see progress, your confidence will grow. The way to do this is through exposure, are you trying any of that?

Hi Malina , sorry for the delay in replying, yes I am doing exposure therapy but really struggling with the anxiety, and fears about it. I have to keep going though. Xx

Edited by Madchoc
Spelling

OCD and lack of self-worth/self-confidence go hand in hand. 

So try and believe the opposite; talk yourself up. Make a list of all the things you do well, are good at. 

Don't let that nasty OCD be telling you otherwise. 

We are all stronger than we think. 

26 minutes ago, Madchoc said:

Hi Malina , sorry for the delay in replying, yes I am doing exposure therapy but really struggling with the anxiety, and fears about it. I have to keep going though. Xx

Trying to think positively really helps sometimes. I remember your post about the works in your bathroom. Instead of feeling doomed and thinking "how am I going to survive this?!", think of it as "This is a challenge and opportunity to become stronger, I want to try it!"

Hi Malina, 

yes that is good Advice, I know what I should be doing and thinking really, just hate feeling like this is a nightmare and will never end.Sorry just quite low at the moment. Thankyou for caring. Xx

28 minutes ago, Madchoc said:

Hi Malina, 

yes that is good Advice, I know what I should be doing and thinking really, just hate feeling like this is a nightmare and will never end.Sorry just quite low at the moment. Thankyou for caring. Xx

I feel for you Madchoc, we've all been where you are at one point or another. Just think of it this way, you've been living with these fears for so long and yet nothing has really happened, has it? you can do it, you just have to challenge yourself a bit.