Screen related advice work through

Hi guys. I’m not looking for reassurance here as such but I wonder if you could work through something with me. 

So I was wiping my computer screen this morning and I thought I noticed a bit of white fluff on my black cloth which I thought was probably dust and carried on wiping. At that point, I thought DAMN! what if it was grit. I’ve basically been ruminating on this thought for the whole day about having potentially scratched my screen or even micro scratched it. Every bone in my body wants me to get a light and investigate every inch of the screen to see if there is one but I’m also reasonably sure that by doing that will be giving into a compulsion. So I don’t want to do it. I’m also scared. So I’m not sure what I’m doing right or wrong really. So yeah, I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks!

Dave, this certainly is re-assurance-seeking! 

You were doing well, but then  an OCD intrusive thought occurred. 

So you tell us what you should have done when that occurred? 

Sorry, I prematurely hit enter there. Essentially I think I should say that it’s fine and move on. Because what I’m doing is obsessing over the same thought over and over again. 

35 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Correct! Leave it alone and get on with your day.

Who cares if you have microscratches on your screen? I wish I had microscratches on my face. Instead I have wrinkle canyons. :)

Thank you! This genuinely made me laugh out loud.