I love my housemates but have just had a major freak out. One of my housemates has worms and I quite honestly want to burn all my possessions and move back home with my mum. I just feel like nothing is safe and I want to cry i know im going to get no uni work done now because I just feel sick and anxious which makes the thoughts that I’m going to fail for being lazy and not doing enough work even worse and I don’t know how to explain this to anyone so I’m completely alone

vi

So your housemate has worms? 

It happens, it's perfectly treatable. 

Only your OCD is talking about a threat to you, and contamination spreading. The others aren't, are they?

So what does that tell you about your OCD? 

Remember carrying out compulsions just strengthens belief in the OCD. 

So don't do more googling etc. Just think "my housemate has worms, but it's perfectly treatable, so so what?" and don't listen to the OCD. 

And try to stop catastrophising as a result of what is really just a small matter to anyone else. 

1 hour ago, vivi_x said:

I know there’s trying to stop but it’s realy hard when everything is telling you that the worst is going to happen

vi

But it isn't - that's catastrophising, which is part of how the OCD tries to hook us in. 

What happens when someone's pet gets worms? They get some worm pills, use them, the problem is sorted. 

It's no different with humans. 

You don't have to go with what your brain is trying to tell you. 

Listen to WE not the OCD :)