Anticipation and testing

For the last 5 days my usual routine has been disrupted by visiting Bristol . I have had a reasonable time and my intrusive thoughts have generally been manageable and anxiety lower . Today I have started to anticipate being back to my normal routine and the fear of the pattern of thoughts and behaviour returning is like a dark cloud over me . I have also started testing and checking myself and the fact that I am visiting this forum again frequently is a sign that I am seeking reassurance again. Just nice to talk and any advice from anyone on how not to slip into habitual behaviours again as my weekly routine returns 

You bring up an interesting point. It seems like your regular routine includes time for obsessions and compulsions. Screw up your routine and you do better. So, screw up your routine. Do things out of the ordinary.

Get reading a really hood book. Watch a comic on YouTube who will make you laugh so hard you need to pee. Go see a museum you've never veen to. Call up old friends and have a get together. The possibilities are endless.

Oh, and quit that checking.