Hi! I was an active user of this wonderful sub a few months ago (started in 2017.)

I started therapy in April 2017 and had my last appointment in December of 2018. I know that OCD therapy is often shorter than 2.5 years, but it really took me to get to “rock bottom” to actually sit there and apply what my therapist told me to do. No excuses.

So far, I have been compulsion free in 2019! Sometimes I do get the thoughts, but CBT/ERP therapy gave me the tools to ignore them. They no longer bother me. 

It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. There were days that I didn’t want to wake up the next day. I pushed through. I can not recommend a good OCD therapist enough. Mine completely changed my life. I was so lucky to find him and fortunate enough to have the funds to pay for private practice.

I look back at my old posts and feel so sad for that person, but also so grateful that I was able to get some tough love here and the strength to keep going.

I am really looking forward to my life free of OCD 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

What Paradoxer said! He is one of my favorites. Going straiiiight to the point of things

Also, well done

Edit: Private practice yea (but also sadly) one of the best way to go. My exåerieence with private is really good in comparison to what you get for free. Got in contact with the best therapist I had meet just by paying up the same week. But its expensive and I underwent grouptherapy (for free) and that was good too. But yea if you can afford it (sadly) then go for private. All I can say after habe been through the psychiatrist roundabout in Sweden for over 10 years.

10 years and around 5 psychologist. It's sad, psychiatry trying to cure people and they cant even give thrrapy to one of the most treatable conditions there is. Sad

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
3 hours ago, californiadreaming said:

Hi! I was an active user of this wonderful sub a few months ago (started in 2017.)

I started therapy in April 2017 and had my last appointment in December of 2018. I know that OCD therapy is often shorter than 2.5 years, but it really took me to get to “rock bottom” to actually sit there and apply what my therapist told me to do. No excuses.

So far, I have been compulsion free in 2019! Sometimes I do get the thoughts, but CBT/ERP therapy gave me the tools to ignore them. They no longer bother me. 

It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. There were days that I didn’t want to wake up the next day. I pushed through. I can not recommend a good OCD therapist enough. Mine completely changed my life. I was so lucky to find him and fortunate enough to have the funds to pay for private practice.

I look back at my old posts and feel so sad for that person, but also so grateful that I was able to get some tough love here and the strength to keep going.

I am really looking forward to my life free of OCD 

Congratulations to you 

11 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

What Paradoxer said! He is one of my favorites. Going straiiiight to the point of things

Also, well done

Edit: Private practice yea (but also sadly) one of the best way to go. My exåerieence with private is really good in comparison to what you get for free. Got in contact with the best therapist I had meet just by paying up the same week. But its expensive and I underwent grouptherapy (for free) and that was good too. But yea if you can afford it (sadly) then go for private. All I can say after habe been through the psychiatrist roundabout in Sweden for over 10 years.

10 years and around 5 psychologist. It's sad, psychiatry trying to cure people and they cant even give thrrapy to one of the most treatable conditions there is. Sad

Thanks for that!