Derealization with OCD?

Hi,

Recently I feel as though I am becoming more positive, which is a good thing but have also noticed the problem that something weird keeps happening. Its hard to explain, but it basically happens at random points and it feels a bit like a panic attack and sometimes I think maybe it is one but then I don't get any other symptoms. So it happened the other day just when I was walking down the street, and I was getting a bit anxious becuz it was very busy but not majorly that bad. And then I felt almost like unreal and detached from everything around me and every noise was heightened and it felt kind of foggy (if that makes any sense :poster_dots:).

It was so strange but I found myself panicking more as it happened becuz I was getting really faint so ended up running somewhere where I cud sit down.

Then it went after I sat down for a few minutes but this happens a lot! Is this some kind of form of derealization or just a panic attack and has anyone else experienced this with OCD if it is common?

Thanks all advice is appreciated xxx

^^^ sorry something I shud have added with this aswell is the fact that I am beginning to get really paranoid that from this I might be completely losing my mind  or something. Which I know is really silly but things like this can always get worse im starting to worry excessively

Guest Phil10

Yes I get depersonalization with ocd it rapidly got worse and went into existance and free will worries for me though. The dp became an ocd itself. 

Hi Sophhh, I get this quite a lot! It's nothing to panic about, you're definitely not losing your mind. My therapist told me that it's basically a way of dealing with anxiety - we just start to detatch from everything. It's a really unpleasant feeling, I hate it, but it's not harmful