Inpatient treatment

Hey I was wondering if there is a list of inpatient treatment centres for ocd anywhere or if someone could tell me me. I've previously been to Springfield hospital in 2015 but I don't want to go back there I want to try somewhere else. THanks

Hi Amewhat,

The main (and possibly only NHS) alternative to Springfield is Bethlem Royal Hospital, Anxiety Disorders Residential Unit. I spent time there in 2013 after visiting Springfield and deciding not to be admitted there. 

I had a very mixed experience at the ADRU at Bethlem though so I'm not sure whether I would recommend staying there! The average treatment stay is 12 weeks, you do have CBT 3-5 days each week; there are multiple daily Occupational therapy sessions (e.g. cookery, art class, pottery, mindfulness class etc.) and you may benefit from being around other OCD sufferers.  

Have you had much treatment since your treatment at Springfield?

19 hours ago, amewat said:

Hey I was wondering if there is a list of inpatient treatment centres for ocd anywhere or if someone could tell me me. I've previously been to Springfield hospital in 2015 but I don't want to go back there I want to try somewhere else. THanks

Do you mind if I ask why you don't want to go back there?  I have heard a few stories over the years.

Hal's given a link with the options.

ADRU is an option as BelAnna mentions, but I have not heard any real horror stories of that clinic, so if you can self-manage that could be worth considering.  If you can self-care/manage the new Oxford clinic may be an option too, it's not inpatient but they can offer intensive so for example if you stayed in a B+B locally for a week, you could have a weeks therapy, but again this would require self-care.

The AIS Dundee unit in Scotland have an inpatient service too, may be an option.