No Pain, No Anxiety and No Fear

As one who has had quite a lot of pain recently, I wouldn't mind, in general terms, not feeling it. 

However, pain alerts us to a problem - e. g. a tooth needing repair. So not feeling that, alerting, pain would create problems. 

The no anxiety sounds great ! though I accept that anxiety probably has a role in an evolutionary sense of keeping us safe - with no anxiety to make us cautios back in the day we would probably have been eaten by some hungry predator such as a tiger etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do think this genetic mutation does confer immunity to OCD and other anxiety conditions due to the affected person not feeling anxiety. Of course the trade-off is not feeling pain, which is I agree is necessary to alert us to problems with our own bodies. If only there is a way to tweak our genes to dampen down on anxiety. Perhaps individuals such as this Scottish woman who happens to be one of two known to have this mutation can not only help with pain relief, but also anxiety relief. That would be a god send to all anxiety condition sufferers.