Hi everyone, well wet room done, with a few problems, floor near sink not right, fan keeps cutting out, blind not here yet, and need shower rail putting up. Although all the fitters etc doing bathroom were lovely nothing too much trouble. A traumatic week for me, exposure therapy on highest level.No shower for 6 days, not very good for someone with contamination OCD. On the plus side, I survived. New problem now, birds have made a big mess at front of flat near gate, this has really worried me, because people have to tread in it especially visitors. Even the postman. I have to fill in a pip form that has been past the bird poo. I seemed to have latched on to this now as a fear of contamination. Why I don’t know.

Great news though my daughters have visited and I’ve seen my two grand daughters it was so so lovely. We have a bathmat in front of shower, and I feel that could get contaminated because you have to walk on it to get into shower. My husband wants to brush bird poo away, that really worries me. Although he will have a shower after, not for me but because he is due a shower anyway. I know I have to keep strong, but I’m fighting something everyday. Sorry for long post, thanks for reading this. Take care xx

7 hours ago, Madchoc said:

On the plus side, I survived.

So could you now take advantage of this enforced situation.  What I mean is, this happened to me once, I broke my shower unit and had to endure 24 hours without a working shower in a flat I rented in London. Back then I was less informed about OCD, so the moment the new shower was installed I went back toOCD showering.

What I should have done is have 'normal' brief 5-10 minute showers and then until the anxiety was less, maybe alternate days between showers.