I'm having trouble. Last night I found myself getting some of my emotions back, I think. I don't know and then I saw something my friends posted on Facebook and I got instant anxiety. I'm not sure why I care. I think to myself what if they were to disappear off the face of the earth would I care? I don't know. I think if I didn't care why would I be stressing about this? Maybe I'm just pretending to care. 

Edited by don't know

I'm really not sure at this point. I have no feelings anymore. I can't cry anymore. I can't do anything like that. Maybe the people that mean the most to me don't actually. Even writing that down makes me feel sick. 

11 minutes ago, don't know said:

I have no feelings anymore. I can't cry anymore. I can't do anything like that.

DK, GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR!

And if they establish what is going on, then please do let me know because I feel the same, & have done for some years, but the doctors seem a bit puzzled as to what is going on.

OCD wise, I am not nowhere near as bad as I used to be, but have this anhedonia/emotional bluntness thing in its place instead?

:)

12 hours ago, felix4 said:

DK, GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR!

And if they establish what is going on, then please do let me know because I feel the same, & have done for some years, but the doctors seem a bit puzzled as to what is going on.

OCD wise, I am not nowhere near as bad as I used to be, but have this anhedonia/emotional bluntness thing in its place instead?

:)

I experience this a bit as well, along with depersonalisation. I sort of feel like it’s a normal experience after an extended period of anxiety. Like your body is exhausted from all the negative feelings so to protect itself, it blunts all emotions, even good ones.

11 hours ago, malina said:

I experience this a bit as well, along with depersonalisation. I sort of feel like it’s a normal experience after an extended period of anxiety. Like your body is exhausted from all the negative feelings so to protect itself, it blunts all emotions, even good ones.

Hi Malina,

I think you could be right there, regarding exhaustion & our body's protecting themselves, although, I put it entirely down to mental exhaustion, and the amount of compulsions I was carrying out during the day.

I too used to have occasional depersonalisation prior to having OCD. It was that bad, that I used to avoid mirrors, having once felt scarily detached after viewing myself in a mirror, & having one almighty panic attack. I am totally over all that now though. :) 

Many thanks.