why is dating so hard with ocd (Merged Threads)

id Like to read about a relationship between 2 people that have OCD where it’s not mutually beneficial.  In relationships where one has it there is often major drama.  

18 hours ago, Handy said:

id Like to read about a relationship between 2 people that have OCD where it’s not mutually beneficial.  In relationships where one has it there is often major drama.  

I was in a relationship with someone with ocd and found that us being together made us worry more because if one of us didn't have an intrusive thought, the other would, and would talk about it, causing the other to be scared and then we would both have to do compulsions and we ended up making each other worse because we couldn't support ourselves let alone the other person

Hi vivi_x,

I think that wanting to see other people is common, but not being okay with that is normal too. I think that lots of relationships break down early on for this reason, it's not just an OCD thing. It sounds like you guys wanted different things and this happens to all of us. I hope you're doing ok x

20 hours ago, Handy said:

In relationships where one has it there is often major drama.  

Reckon you are over generalising here Handy. As I said earlier I have come across couples in real life, and online here, in  great relationships where one partner has OCD and the other copes with it and supports them really well. 

And my own and my sister's spouses are examples of such. 

20 hours ago, Handy said:

id Like to read about a relationship between 2 people that have OCD where it’s not mutually beneficial.  

You might be looking for this for some time. I have my doubts about this, same as the others.