37 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Unless I've missed something....who said she's taking Benzodiazepines?  I only saw reference to taking a pink pill which could be beta blockers or indeed anything.

It's something called quetiapine

Hi Phili.  You mentioned a few days ago that your ‘on your third pink pill tonight’. It sounds as if you are taking quetiapine according to your emotional state at any particular time - to quell feelings of high anxiety.  Could be wrong but it sounds as if you are. I think it is important to take the medication at the prescribed level at the prescribed time. In the same way that you would take a SSRI.  In the past I have been on something similar. 

Edited by Angst

The doctor said take as needed and the instructions say up to two a day, im going to ask if they can be added to my meds daily as they really help my depression and anxiety 

4 hours ago, Phili said:

The doctor said take as needed and the instructions say up to two a day, im going to ask if they can be added to my meds daily as they really help my depression and anxiety 

I think its definitely a good idea to talk to your doctor and make sure you are on the same page.  I have been helped significantly by medication for my OCD and am grateful for it, so I hope this comes across in that spirit, I also want to encourage you to be mindful of over reliance on the medication.  I've found that as beneficial as it can be, at times it can be a little bit unpredictable and over the years I've been able to use other techniques (such as CBT, mindfulness, etc.) to handle temporary anxiety spikes and avoid having to take additional medication in situations I would have in the past.  If you need it, you need it, and as long as you are using it in a way thats supported by your doctor, of course you should do what is best for your health.  But you might be surprised at what you can learn to do to avoid some of these spikes, or handle them early on to keep them from growing out of control.  Just something to keep in mind!

Hi Phili. I think it is a good idea to talk to your doctor. You are already taking over the prescribed dose. Quetiapine like other antipsychotics can relieve us of disturbing thoughts but the general advice is to keep the dose as low as possible because of the side effects. For a while I was one one at the lowest dose and they can be be helpful in things like helping you sleep at night. Have you received any psychotherapy?

Edited by Angst
5 hours ago, Angst said:

Have you received any psychotherapy?

I joined this forum like 3 or 4 years ago & I noticed that she writes the same topics about the same things & gets thousands of the same answers which she just needs to apply. I noticed some of the forum users are like that. 

7 minutes ago, Handy said:

she writes the same topics about the same things & gets thousands of the same answers which she just needs to apply

If only it was that simple- we wouldn't need the forum. Do bear in mind that not everyone is familiar with Phili's case

I’ve been a while with the health OCD in this sort of status quo, but now its back with vengeance. My bump seems to be going away but my boobs itch, so i googled that and found this rare form of C word and sometimes my nipples get sore. So now I’m focused on that, It particular affects the left, because thats the side i tend to lean on and i have hygiene issues because i can’t use the shower.

8 hours ago, Handy said:

I joined this forum like 3 or 4 years ago & I noticed that she writes the same topics about the same things & gets thousands of the same answers which she just needs to apply. I noticed some of the forum users are like that. 

If you read the forums regularly you will be aware that Phili's usage of them is now minimal, which in itself shows a good improvement.  I'm not sure if your comments are intended to help or simply pass opinion for the sake of it.  In summary, they don't help in this instance.  It's important to keep up to date.

8 hours ago, Handy said:

If you read the forums regularly you will be aware that Phili's usage of them is now minimal, which in itself shows a good improvement.  I'm not sure if your comments are intended to help or simply pass opinion for the sake of it.  In summary, they don't help in this instance.  It's important to keep up to date.

4 hours ago, Phili said:

I’ve been a while with the health OCD in this sort of status quo, but now its back with vengeance. My bump seems to be going away but my boobs itch, so i googled that and found this rare form of C word and sometimes my nipples get sore. So now I’m focused on that, It particular affects the left, because thats the side i tend to lean on and i have hygiene issues because i can’t use the shower.

As you say, you realise that "Your OCD is back with a vengeance"  That sums it up Phili, OCD is the culprit here, not a health problem.  You know the rules here....that being that falling prey to compulsions in order to resolve things doesn't help.  Work hard at resisting those compulsions as best you can.  That's checking your body, Googling, reassurance seeking.  You've clearly done very well with this this last year.

How's your pooch doing?

1 hour ago, Caramoole said:

As you say, you realise that "Your OCD is back with a vengeance"  That sums it up Phili, OCD is the culprit here, not a health problem.  You know the rules here....that being that falling prey to compulsions in order to resolve things doesn't help.  Work hard at resisting those compulsions as best you can.  That's checking your body, Googling, reassurance seeking.  You've clearly done very well with this this last year.

How's your pooch doing?

Itchy, she has to have fungal swab done but other than that, really happy, though her toy box threatens to fall and crush us all