Urine or something else

I had to go supermarket with my husband and along the side of the store outside looked like urine stains, possibly from dogs going against the wall and the stains were coming down onto the wide pavement.  I’m ok with this being urine but then amongst this was a white streak - it wasn’t transparent like the rest of the streaks but more visible and white.  My husband walked right across to this when he stepped up onto the pavement from the road.  I keep thinking it was sperm and it’s touched his clothing when he stepped up the pavement.  The supermarket is on other side of a retail park and I keep thinking someone may have done something here.  Can’t switch off the trails of contamination.

Hi! I sometimes also have similar feelings of contamination. I think that, regardless of the reason for worrying about contamination (whether it's just a general feeling of disgust, or you're worried about catching something, etc), it's really important not to perform any compulsions such as cleaning and to watch your ruminating and trying to 'track' the contamination. 'Contamination' exists everywhere - the truth is, anything that you touch in public could have lots of germs and potentially traces of urine, semen etc on it. And that's OK - humans can live with that. Besides, you can't even be sure that anything did get onto your husband. Try your best to accept the uncertainty - that, either way, regardless of whether or not your husband's clothes were 'contaminated', it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. :)

Anything white to you is semen. You've basically taught yourself to think 'semen and 'bad' every time you see something white. It's ludicrous if you think about it. There are a lot of substances out there that are white.

Ignore it. Don't do anything about it. Get on with your day.

Guest OCDhavenobrain
On 17/04/2019 at 02:00, bobfish said:

Hi! I sometimes also have similar feelings of contamination. I think that, regardless of the reason for worrying about contamination (whether it's just a general feeling of disgust, or you're worried about catching something, etc), it's really important not to perform any compulsions such as cleaning and to watch your ruminating and trying to 'track' the contamination. 'Contamination' exists everywhere - the truth is, anything that you touch in public could have lots of germs and potentially traces of urine, semen etc on it. And that's OK - humans can live with that. Besides, you can't even be sure that anything did get onto your husband. Try your best to accept the uncertainty - that, either way, regardless of whether or not your husband's clothes were 'contaminated', it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. :)

This is a very good reply and what I myself have come up with. There is small amounts of everything on everything. 

When a human being touches a (public) doorhandle he/she gets a looots of things on their hands, one is human semen. 

To accept OCD we have to accept this. To me OCD seems a little bit like science. Science handles things which normally arn't recognize to be there but we wouldn't say that they are not their. 

It is funny. Because my OCD never started with OCD (or maybe it did, dont remember) but it ended with it.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain