With the sun shining

...and everyone going out and about, I can feel the anxiety rising due to possible contamination and it being there highly likely in places where everyone goes.  My parents have gone to do shopping where that area/car park is used for (group) outdoor sexual activities.  They dont know it.  I guess most people using those stores don’t know it but I do and I need to see my parents later on tonight and I feel like hiding, but if I don’t go to my parents house, they will most likely end up at mine to see my kids! 

Lonely mum. 

Let it go. Your OCD is on the scan for threats everywhere hence the anxiety building. 

Others don't see the threat, hence no anxiety. But they aren't likely to be risk unaware, they will respond to what they deem a risk, at the right threat level. 

In contamination OCD the threats are all around us (so says the OCD). But it exaggerates then catastrophises. 

Believe your folks will be just fine, and resist the compulsion to check on them. 

Hi Lonely mum, I understand just how you feel, it’s so hard, with contamination OCD or any OCD. OCD lies , we have to keep going, and fighting, as impossible as it may seem. Keep going!!!! Xxx❤️