Suicidal thoughts

No need to apologise, I was just genuinely curious. :)

I had a feeling that you might not remember. I have done the same, posted about something and then looked back at my posts to find I had written about it before and forgotten!

Intrusive thoughts in OCD can be about suicide. In those cases, they are the opposite of what we want, as they are with the other harm thoughts that are more commonly discussed.

Edited by Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze

Yes sometimes.

Sometimes they are just OCD thoughts. Sometimes they are just Depressive thoughts. It's nice to acknowledge that you actually don't want to die though, just for life to change! 

I think the main reason to not wanting to die is so I don’t hurt family is there was a painless method that would erase my existence and families memory of me I would take it but it’s not logical so I can’t 

12 hours ago, bruces said:

I need to know exactly what it is! 

No you don’t! Not one person on the planet knows the reason for why they are living or conscious. It is futile to try and answer this question. It’s the same as asking what sort of universe if any is beyond a black hole. 

12 hours ago, bruces said:

I think the main reason to not wanting to die is so I don’t hurt family is there was a painless method that would erase my existence and families memory of me I would take it but it’s not logical so I can’t 

I’m sure everyone has had this thought. The thing is, the frequency of this thought is due to the focus you put on it, which is compulsive, a clear indicator of OCD. You don’t enjoy these thoughts. Change your focus and there will be less of them. You have had this obsession for so long now, you don’t see any alternative. You need to force your focus away and with time and effort you’ll recognise it’s all ocd.

I suppose when I ask what it’s all about,I mean if I can’t experience any happiness in life then what really is there to fight for? I’m quite lucky in where I live etc but I just can’t get any pleasure from life!! 

I doubt it’s rhe weather as I have felt like this for years,suicide feels like such a logical option,even though I’m not going to do it,the saying “suicide is a permanent from to a temporary problem” can almost be deemed as an insult sometimes!! 

Hi.  I hope you are feeling a bit better.  Everyone I have ever met with OCD has some suicidal thoughts/feelings from time to time.  I would recommend working out if it an ocd intrusion,  depressive feeling or a true desire not to live.  It will help to clarify what your best options are.  It sounds like it could be a bit of all three?  Is there more support you can find locally?  Might be worth reviewing whether you need a bit of therapy, maybe medication and some people you can share how you are feeling with.  Connecting with other people can really help. 

Hi thanks for your reply,I’ve started seeing a therapist a few weeks ago,I think in all honesty I think it could be a bit of all 3,things are pretty tricky at the moment but I suppose we all know what that’s like. 

• 2 weeks later...