Roundup really triggered.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I feel for you--I hate herbicides/pesticides. I don't know why yard owners use them on just their lawns etc. I've gardened for years and never use that kind of stuff.

However i don't imagine you are at much risk around the exposure you'd be getting to it. I would think it would be more the person applying it should be concerned--or if you had pets or kids playing on the areas afterward. Or if you were growing food i would be concerned if it was applied in too heavy a quantity.

For instance, if i knew a neighbour was spraying i would shut my windows while they were doing it but after that i wouldn't be concerned about breathing it in.

We are exposed to so many chemicals nowadays so i can't imagine the extra in the air from someone spraying would be a concern. Imagine what farm workers using that stuff would be breathing in with those vast pieces of agricultural land, spraying it for years!

I think its reasonable for you to ask your dad to follow the instructions on the bottle, but there's not much you can do beyond that.

19 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

At least I stopped worried about TBE.. Lol

Lol! Yes funny how what we are so concerned about one day, slips once a new obsession takes its place!

Guest OCDhavenobrain
8 minutes ago, leif said:

I feel for you--I hate herbicides/pesticides. I don't know why yard owners use them on just their lawns etc. I've gardened for years and never use that kind of stuff.

However i don't imagine you are at much risk around the exposure you'd be getting to it. I would think it would be more the person applying it should be concerned--or if you had pets or kids playing on the areas afterward. Or if you were growing food i would be concerned if it was applied in too heavy a quantity.

For instance, if i knew a neighbour was spraying i would shut my windows while they were doing it but after that i wouldn't be concerned about breathing it in.

We are exposed to so many chemicals nowadays so i can't imagine the extra in the air from someone spraying would be a concern. Imagine what farm workers using that stuff would be breathing in with those vast pieces of agricultural land, spraying it for years!

I think its reasonable for you to ask your dad to follow the instructions on the bottle, but there's not much you can do beyond that.

Lol! Yes funny how what we are so concerned about one day, slips once a new obsession takes its place!

Thank you Leif, I do think this is a real concern of me, I want to be environment and healthconcerned. 

There is nothing I can do to convince people who just doesn't care, now they are even banning roundup around the world, shame it haven't done so in Sweden. This is a problem for me overall, having to depend on other people, I mean not to be rude but other people tend to make stupid decisions but that is why I am seriously is considering moving to a distant place when I have my things in order.

Thank you againg

RoundUp or Roundup hysteria from the media? 

Learn about it. Use common sense,  It's actually neutralized by the soil microbes. In fact, the majority of residentially sold weed killers are required by law to break down in the soil within 14 days, if not sooner. Take Roundup, for example, which contains glyphosate. This post-emergent, non-selective herbicide generally breaks down within days

2 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Thank you Leif, I do think this is a real concern of me, I want to be environment and healthconcerned. 

There is nothing I can do to convince people who just doesn't care, now they are even banning roundup around the world, shame it haven't done so in Sweden. This is a problem for me overall, having to depend on other people, I mean not to be rude but other people tend to make stupid decisions but that is why I am seriously is considering moving to a distant place when I have my things in order.

Thank you againg

Yes I totally get  wanting to care for the environment and your health, but when OCD comes into play on these concerns, the OCD can be far worse for us than the thing we are concerned about. No matter where you go there will always be something that OCD can make into something big--whether it's the person spitting on the road ahead of us, or ticks in the forest, or chemicals in our environment.  OCD tells us that if only we can avoid these particular triggers, then we would be safe. But we know avoidance, moving away etc, doesn't work--OCD will always find something.

So we need to find a balance. Like i wouldn't say to go roll around on the grass after your dad sprayed the roundup, but i would say that i wouldn't bother with the air purifier etc.

Maybe at this point you're not ready to do without the air purifier and that's ok--we need to know what steps we are able to take. 

I know Taureen's made mention in other posts (not necessarily yours--just in general) about working with our core beliefs--i wonder if there's something you could do there since there seems to be a theme around your health. I'm wondering the same for myself around contamination fears--still trying to figure out how to work with core beliefs instead of just individual triggers.

Hope your anxiety slows down for you!

Hi folks. 

Leif I have reposted a piece on a new thread I wrote a couple of years ago about core beliefs and the triggers that carry out their work to upset us. 

Hope this helps all. 

Roy 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OCDhavenobrain

This is just general whine. NOW he wants me to dig it UP, well why in the.... do you pour it out if you have to dig it up either way. I mean if he wasn't my dad I would just look the other way. 

Is it normal for a person who only is 65+ to be this way? Also, I have told him many times that the garden have to go because nobody is taking care of it. I guess it is his overuse of alcohol who makes some damage to him but that is not possible to tell him.

Just some whine on the topic. I really hate that I have had this condition for so long, why do i not have a normal life.. 

edit: Don't do alcohol. I know I won't touch it, too many alcoholics in the family for me to touch it for just once in my life. Nope i will NOT do that. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain