Just thought I'd post on here to update on how I'm doing as I feel I've made a lot of progress and wanted to share as it might give others a bit of hope.

As some of you may know I've had OCD for a few years now and the themes have varied to focus on health issues, sexuality and gender identity worries, harm issues and more recently worries to do with my relationship.

I've been engaged to my partner since 2011 but have put off getting married all this time due to overwhelming doubts that have appeared whenever I've tried to plan it, such as worrying whether I'm making the right choice or whether he is the "right" person for me, to questioning my own feelings and levels of attraction.

Well I can now report that I've put in a lot of work in overcoming this and I've managed to buy a wedding dress, rings and various other bits and bobs and we have booked a date for 7th May 2020 and have paid the first big instalment towards it. I do still have horrendous doubts but overall I'm very happy about it.

Hopefully I'll manage to carry on as I have been doing and not give into any compulsive urges.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Don't listen to those doubts Lynz, you know what is playing on that, and you don't have to join that game. 

Themes can vary, but old OCD is the same old tyrant, trying to wreck and rule our lives, especially our relationships. 

So here's a present from me - some boxing gloves to give the disorder a run for its money:boxing:

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)

A lot of my progress is down to you guys for always supporting and encouraging me to kick OCD into touch! I don't think I could have made the progress that I have done without all of your support so thank you :hug: