Worried family dishes could have semen on them

1 hour ago, dksea said:

Thats a fantastic idea.  For me having my mother set boundaries helped me with some of my early compulsions and my recovery from OCD was likely greatly helped by her awareness and those limits.

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

So, I realized that I touched my keyboard and put my hands in a bowl to eat popcorn out of it. I cleaned the bowl with dishwasher soap, but...I feel the need to explain about the bowls and ask my mom to get rid of all the bowls.

8 hours ago, Ryukil said:

So, I realized that I touched my keyboard and put my hands in a bowl to eat popcorn out of it. I cleaned the bowl with dishwasher soap, but...I feel the need to explain about the bowls and ask my mom to get rid of all the bowls.

Hey Ryukil,

see you engaged in a compulsion in the first place (telling your mum) and that only provided temporary relief. Now the relief is gone and you are back needing to do another compulsion. Perhaps this time, try to resist. Stick it out and eventually you'll stop feeling guilty. You know that if you tell your mum now, a new worry will appear in a few weeks time and you'll need to confess that too.